"I hope the president is listening to members of Congress", Thune said.
The US-Japan leaders' meeting, which ultimately saw the two sides pledge to hold deeper discussions on future trade cooperation, including on trade agreements, also drew additional scrutiny given recent conflicting statements from Trump on whether the US might ask to negotiate re-entry into a regional trade deal involving Japan.
Meanwhile, even though his advisers frequently tout positive negotiations with Canada and Mexico, Trump regularly muses about ending the North American Free Trade Agreement.
Trump is hosting Abe at his private retreat in Florida. He stressed that point Wednesday night in a joint news conference with Japanese Prime Minister Shinzo Abe.
President Donald Trump said Wednesday he would only consider rejoining the Trans-Pacific Partnership (TPP) if the United States was offered a deal he can't refuse. "But I like bilateral. I don't think he is", said Kudlow, without ruling it out. But if they offered us a deal I can't refuse on behalf of the United States, I would do it.
Celtics 120, Bucks 106
John Wall scored 29 points, Mike Scott had 20 points and Ty Lawson 14 points for the Wizards, who host Game 3 on Friday night. The Celtics knew they'd need their younger players to step up this postseason with Kyrie Irving sidelined for the postseason.
Australia, Japan, New Zealand, Canada, Singapore, Brunei, Peru, Vietnam, Chile, Malaysia and Mexico moved ahead on the TPP without the U.S. and in March had a formal signing ceremony for the Comprehensive and Progressive Agreement for Trans-Pacific Partnership (CPTPP), also known as TPP11. We think this area needs more voices, reasoned analysis and ideas than just those provided by News Corp, lifestyle mags, Facebook groups and corporate newsletters. Steve Daines (R-Mont.), who made that case to Trump in the tariffs meeting last week.
The World Trade Organization is composed of 164 countries and deals. "See how terrible WTO will be always to U.S". "You can't make every bilateral agreement the highest priority".
NFF CEO Tony Mahar said a new style of TPP agreement had been reached - minus the United States - which was one his national peak farm lobby group and the Australian agriculture sector had been a strong supporter of. "It will come up in this summit, no question about it".
He added: "One never knows with this president what's negotiating tactics and what's not".
- 3 steps to victory for the Cavs in Game 2
- James Comey: Donald Trump "Not Normal" In Disregard For Rule Of Law
- Sakshi Malik begins with a win, Vinesh Phogat in action later
- Police detain protesters in Armenia as anti-Sargsyan demos escalate
- Colorado students rally for voter registration ahead of anti-gun school walkout
- Guardiola's men rack up records in title triumph
- When Barbara Bush wowed Wellesley College
- Samsung Releases Internet-Blocking Not-So-Smartphone in South Korea
- Grand National 2018: The horses tipped for glory
- Tesla vehemently disputes report which claims company under-reports factory injuries