According to the website downdetector.com, thousands of users complained about the outage, which was concentrated in the US, United Kingdom and Japan. The micro-blogging site failed to load, with users being redirected to a default landing page. The website was down for a couple of minutes from around 7.20 pm India time. Apart from normal citizens, the micro-blogging site is famously used by Bollywood personalities, politicians, political parties, and other government portals. The Twitter app for mobile meanwhile is failing to "retrieve your tweets" as of this moment.
According to UK's Independent, citing the website DownDetector, there were a number of problems with the site on Tuesday evening. The app also seems to be affected by the outage as users are not able to tweet and refresh the news feed.
Guardiola's men rack up records in title triumph
Jay Rodriguez scored a shock victor at Old Trafford as West Brom rubber-stamped Manchester City's Premier League title success with a 1-0 victory over Manchester United .
According to US' Newsweek, in New York City, almost 300 official reports have been made to downdetector.
- Asteroid buzzed Earth this weekend
- Samsung Releases Internet-Blocking Not-So-Smartphone in South Korea
- Sakshi Malik begins with a win, Vinesh Phogat in action later
- More shambolic VAR scenes as players called back on for penalty
- Netanyahu: 'Full Support' for US Syria Strikes
- Ronaldo can not understand Juventus penalty protests
- Before and after: satellite pictures reveal damage of Syria strikes
- Superintendent: 3 Students Hurt in Knife Incident at Pleasantview
- Henderson retains LPGA Hawaii event lead
- Facebook sued over facial recognition technology