Embiid has been out since March 28 when he suffered a concussion and a fractured orbital bone when he collided with teammate Markelle Fultz after going for a loose ball in a 118-101 win over the New York Knicks.
ESPN's Ramona Shelburne reported that all Embiid had to do to clear concussion protocol was prove he could withstand contact.
And if they take a commanding 2-0 series lead while potentially getting him back for Game 3? "Unless something remarkable happens, Dan, I don't plan on him playing in Game 1". And they are now on a 17-game winning streak, with nine of them coming without Embiid on the court. That contest is Thursday at Miami. He and Milwaukee Bucks All-Star forward Giannis Antetokounmpo were the league's only players to average 20 points, 10 rebounds and 3 assists in a minimum of 50 games played. I've been able to do everything. "We're gonna see how it feels in the next couple of days".
While the Heat will surely need to play better in order to have a chance in this series, they should hold off on pushing the panic button.
Turkey welcomes strikes on Syria as 'appropriate'
Turkish President Recep Erdogan has warned against further escalation in Syria in a phone talk with UK PM Theresa May. The Turkish leader also emphasised the importance of de-escalating the tension in the region.
When Embiid does return he will wear a mask to protect his face from aggravating the injury.
The 76ers' veteran sharpshooter JJ Redick found himself on the receiving end of multiple blasts from the 21-year-old Australian rookie in the lead-up to Saturday's 130-103 win in Philadelphia.
Overall, Philadelphia has won 17 consecutive games.
- Roy inspires Daredevils to extend Indians' misery
- WWE Announces New Opponent For The Undertaker At Greatest Royal Rumble
- Trump now backs marijuana 'states rights' bill, senator says
- United Kingdom accuses Russian Federation of spying on Sergei Skripal for five years
- Sega Mega Drive Mini announced in Japan
- Chemical inspectors to begin work in Syria's Douma
- 3 changes Manchester City need for a win against Tottenham Hotspur
- Taliban attacks Afghan district compound; at least 18 killed
- Telegram's lawyer slams blocking in Russian Federation as violation of rights and freedoms
- Kentucky legislature overrides governor's vetoes of budget, revenue bills