"I don't know if I deserve it but I am certainly very proud of it", Mary Kom said. The Indian lost the third round but did just enough in the first two to walk away with a gold medal on debut at the Games.
Settling for silver medals were Amit Panghal (49kg) and Manish Kaushik (60kg) after losing closely-contested bouts here.
Australia's men's hockey team downs New Zealand 2-0 to win gold - they've now won all six Commonwealth Games tournaments.
The 35-year-old five-time world champion, who is also an Olympic bronze-medallist, claimed her maiden CWG gold after beating Northern Ireland's Kristina O'Hara in the light flyweight (48kg) final on Saturday.
This is the first time India got a silver medal in the super heavyweight category in the Commonwealth Games.
Mary Kom struck her at will, her right hooks being especially telling.
IPL 2018: Kolkata Knight Riders Vs Sunrisers Hyderabad Match Preview And Prediction
Mavi bowled just the one over, conceding 10 runs in what turned out to be an overall disappointing game for KKR. But the bowling unit, in the absence, did an excellent job to restrict a good batting lineup to a modest 147.
In the evening session, Vikas, a former Asian Games gold-medallist and world bronze-medallist, pummelled Cameroon's Dieudonne Wilfried Ntsengue to claim the third gold for India.
Gold Coast: From the boxing arena to the wrestling mat, it was India's tricolour unfurling on the penultimate day of the 21st Commonwealth Games where the country claimed its most prolific single-day haul of the ongoing edition, grabbing eight gold medals across five sporting disciplines. Amit, who was chasing his third successive worldwide gold, was beaten by England's European silver-medallist Galal Yafai. He has a bronze each from the 2014 Asian Games and the 2015 Asian Championships.
"I am disappointed with the result".
In the afternoon, Neeraj Chopra also registered his name at the Carrara stadium when he became the first Indian javelin thrower to claim a gold medal.
The fact that all of the judges gave 10-9 in favour of Clarke at the end of each rounds underlines the tightly fought bout.
- Trump Targets a Postal Service Rainmaker: Package Delivery
- Turkey welcomes strikes on Syria as 'appropriate'
- Judge Extends Evidence Deadline For Cohen Team On Attorney-Client Privilege
- Roy inspires Daredevils to extend Indians' misery
- Salah nominated for PFA Players' Player of the Year award
- Trump now backs marijuana 'states rights' bill, senator says
- Southampton 2-3 Chelsea: 5 Talking Points
- U.S. launches 'precision srikes' on Syria as UK, France join in
- Committee Retires Four 2017 Hurricane Names
- Trump lawyer arranged GOP fund-raiser's payment to former Playboy Playmate