The England opener, smashed 91 runs off 53 balls to take home the man-of-the-match award. After a brief warm-up, Pandya was right on the money as he bowled nearly three overs to Evin Lewis. Mumbai Indians captain Rohit Sharma didn't open for the home side with Suryakumar Yadav stepping in for the skipper along with Evin Lewis.
Both the batsman cleared the boundary ropes easily as runs began to flow thick and fast.
Delhi Daredevils then got the relief as Rahul Tewatia removed both the MI openers in his consecutive overs. They batted really well and did not give us a chance in first 10-12 overs, he said.
Krunal Pandya fell shortly after, while Kieron Pollard walloped a 23-ball 28 before he was caught by Shikhar Dhawan off the bowling of Stanlake. Delhi bowlers, who have spilled runs in abundance, will likewise need to venture up and strike customary hits to contain Mumbai's solid batting line-up. Out of the 18 balls bowled, seven deliveries either went to the boundary or over it.
Mumbai raced to their 100 in just 8.3 overs.
Committee Retires Four 2017 Hurricane Names
But if a hurricane is particularly deadly or costly, its name is retired and is replaced by a different name. It wasn't just the most active - it was also the most expensive on record in US history.
Delhi have sent back the risky openers.
Suryakumar Yadav is the only batsman to be among runs and his role will be a key element for the team, especially if it loses early wickets. Mohammed Shami bagged one wicket. The spinner bowled brilliant first three overs conceding 17 runs and picking up 2 wickets. But we knew if we stayed till the end we will finish the game, explained Iyer. Pollard couldn't inflict major damage as the Australian all-rounder dismissed him for a golden duck in the very next delivery.
Mayank Markande of the Mumbai Indians picked up 4 wickets in the second innings and in the process received the Purple Cap with a total of 7 wickets in the tournament so far. However, there was some drame left as Roy could not score a single of the next three balls.
Under the cosh now, the three-time victor - which has been forced to make a few changes because of an ankle-related injury to all-rounder Hardik Pandya and the non-availability of Australian fast bowler Pat Cummins - is hopeful of fielding its best eleven against the Daredevils. With the pitch flat, he played through the line and was also innovative with his shot selections.
Little known Rinku Singh could also face the axe after failing to repay the trust shown on him in the first two games.
- Trump now backs marijuana 'states rights' bill, senator says
- Trump Targets a Postal Service Rainmaker: Package Delivery
- Nicki Minaj Tears Up Over Cardi B: She 'Really Hurt My Feelings'
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City could still blow Premier League title
- Mother-Daughter Day: Kylie Jenner, Stormi Wear Matching Outfits For Midday Stroll
- Taliban attacks Afghan district compound; at least 18 killed
- The MLB All-Star Game is Coming to LA in 2020
- Nigeria moves 5 places up on Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings
- Trump lawyer arranged GOP fund-raiser's payment to former Playboy Playmate
- BJP Fast: Congress demands Parliament be reconvened to debate and legislate