Turkey was informed of the forthcoming strikes fired by the USA and its allies against Syrian regime targets on early Saturday, the ruling Justice and Development Party (AK Party) Spokesperson Mahir Ünal said.
Turkey was informed ahead of U.S., British and French strikes on Syria, ruling AK Party spokesman Mahir Unal said in a televised interview on CNN Turk.
On Friday, Turkish President Recep Tayyip Erdogan urged his USA and Russian counterparts to avoid escalating regional tensions, and build peace in Syria with all sides together.
The US did not use the Incirlik airbase in Turkey to attack the chemical facilities in Syria, Turkey's Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag said.
Turkish President Recep Erdogan has warned against further escalation in Syria in a phone talk with UK PM Theresa May.
Bayern Munich reach semi-finals after Sevilla stalemate
German champions Bayern , who won 2-1 in Seville last week, are aiming to reach a seventh European semi-final in nine years. Vincenzo Montello's side have lost three of their last four games, picking up only seven points in their last seven games.
The Turkish Foreign Ministry has applauded the joint airstrikes on the Assad regime in Syria by the United States, United Kingdom, and France in the wake of a chemical weapons attack, Ahval reports with a reference to the Turkish state news agency Anadolu.
"The innocent Syrian people should have been defended long ago", he added. The Turkish leader also emphasised the importance of de-escalating the tension in the region.
Ankara said the attacks, with weapons of mass destruction, including chemical weapons, that indiscriminately target civilians, "constitute crimes against humanity" and they should not go unpunished.
Turkish Presidential spokesman Ibrahim Kalin on Saturday called on the global community to unite to avoid chemical attacks in future, while emphasizing the importance of seeking a political solution to the Syrian crisis.
The United States, Britain and France carried out a wave of strikes against Assad's regime on Saturday a week after the suspected deadly gas attack on the rebel-held Damascus suburb of Douma.
- Is Douglas Costa to Blame For Gianluigi Buffon's Red Card?
- Southampton 2-3 Chelsea: 5 Talking Points
- Iranian forces among 14 killed in strike on Syria air base: monitor
- Khloe Kardashian reportedly gives birth to baby girl
- Seventh murder charge for alleged Toronto serial killer
- Volkswagen to replace HR chief with Gunnar Kilian -…
- Saudis intercept missile over Riyadh, shoot down drones in south
- Trump Targets a Postal Service Rainmaker: Package Delivery
- Pep Guardiola: Manchester City could still blow Premier League title
- U.S. launches 'precision srikes' on Syria as UK, France join in