We thought so. He narrated a short video for the Dodgers below to announce that Dodger Stadium will host the 2020 All-Star Game. Dodger Stadium is one of our iconic stadiums and it's particularly appropriate that we bring an All-Star Game here.
The Los Angeles Dodgers will be finally be hosting the MLB All-Star Game for the first time in 40 years, and commissioner Rob Manfred seems to be nodding back to his predecessor as to why it took so long.
The last All-Star game featured Ken Griffey Sr., that's right Senior; who became the game's MVP with two hits. Four players from the Los Angeles Dodgers Steve Garvey, Davey Lopes, Bill Russell and Reggie Smith were in the starting lineup for the National League in a 4-2 win. Major League Baseball commissioner Rob Manfred made the announcement Wednesday at Dodger Stadium. In addition to 1980, they also hosted the All-Star Game in 1959 at the Los Angeles Coliseum, and at Ebbets Field in 1949 when they played in Brooklyn.
Sergio Ramos Could Face Second UCL Ban for Pitch Encroachment Against Juventus
UEFA are usually very strict when it comes to punishment and it would come as no surprise if Ramos is indeed given a ban. According to UEFA regulations, a player who is ineligible for the match can not be seen participating in any manner.
Today, Cedillo hailed the ballpark's official selection to host the game.
Earlier this year, 1st District Councilman Gil Cedillo introduced a motion saying that the Dodgers had agreed to pay $100,000 to cover the cost of additional services - such as law enforcement and traffic management - that the city would provide during All-Star Week.
- Kevin Durant Will Reportedly Opt Out, Restructure Contract With Warriors
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Tesla's production issues go beyond the Gigafactory (TSLA)
- Saudis intercept missile over Riyadh, shoot down drones in south
- Committee Retires Four 2017 Hurricane Names
- 49ers player Reuben Foster accused of attacking girlfriend, rupturing her eardrum
- Pep Guardiola: 'Antonio Mateu Lahoz is a special guy'
- Nicki Minaj Courtside at Lakers For Andre Ingram's Insane Debut
- EC Launches Blockchain Partnership Initiative at EU DD18
- Who Is Masazo Nonaka? Japanese Man Confirmed As World's Oldest Male
- Nicki Minaj Tears Up Over Cardi B: She 'Really Hurt My Feelings'