A United Kingdom based group called Centricus has the assembled the investors.
Such an agreement would be unprecedented.
Infantino is looking to enhance FIFA's income to fulfill promises he left during his electoral campaign of larger funding for its 21-1 member institutions. He happens to be up for re-election next year. According to the people, present in the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, the council had rejected the request because they were frustrated by Infantino's bluntness and lack of transparency into the deal. UEFA declined to comment further.
Few details are known about the potential deal, which would be for as many as three editions of the tournaments.
Australia remain second in AFC, followed by Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and China.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - FIFA was asked by South American soccer's governing body on Thursday to expand the World Cup to 48 teams for the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
Nicki Minaj Courtside at Lakers For Andre Ingram's Insane Debut
If ever a man wanted to convince his employer that they made the right decision in hiring him, Ingram left no room for doubt. After spending a decade in the G League, Ingram was called up by the Los Angeles Lakers for the remainder of the season.
The team collected seven points in the FIFA World Cup qualifying round in 2017 and did not manage to qualify for finals. Infantino delivered that information verbally.
"We have studied it, we have spoken to the (FIFA decision-making) Council".
The 2018 FIFA World Cup kicks off in 62 days with the opening match in the Russian capital of Moscow.
Federation Internationale de Football Association may look to limit the number of professional players that can be contracted to any one club, by regulating loan transfer or even prohibiting them completely.
Switzerland now sit in sixth place, one ahead of France, after both sides climbed up two spots.
How would the Club World Cup change?
- Is Douglas Costa to Blame For Gianluigi Buffon's Red Card?
- Sergio Ramos Could Face Second UCL Ban for Pitch Encroachment Against Juventus
- Gov. Scott running for US Senate
- U.S. approves $300mn guided missile deal with Qatar
- US Budget Deficit to Surpass $1 Trillion by 2020
- J&K: One soldier killed, two injured in Kulgam gunfight
- Man accused of telling woman he has 'full-blown AIDS' before raping her
- Di Francesco On Roma Win: I Deserve The Credit
- 49ers player Reuben Foster accused of attacking girlfriend, rupturing her eardrum
- Royal wedding guest list: No Trumps, Obamas or other politicians