A United Kingdom based group called Centricus has the assembled the investors.
Such an agreement would be unprecedented.
Infantino is looking to enhance FIFA's income to fulfill promises he left during his electoral campaign of larger funding for its 21-1 member institutions. He happens to be up for re-election next year. According to the people, present in the meeting, who spoke on the condition of anonymity, the council had rejected the request because they were frustrated by Infantino's bluntness and lack of transparency into the deal. UEFA declined to comment further.
Few details are known about the potential deal, which would be for as many as three editions of the tournaments.
Australia remain second in AFC, followed by Japan, South Korea, Saudi Arabia and China.
BUENOS AIRES, Argentina (AP) - FIFA was asked by South American soccer's governing body on Thursday to expand the World Cup to 48 teams for the 2022 tournament in Qatar.
Uber CEO Says Autonomous Testing Done Until NTSB Investigation Complete
The data is being folded into separate similar information that includes taxicabs and other ride hailing companies. One of Uber's goals is to reduce the need for individual auto ownership, thereby reducing congestion in cities.
The team collected seven points in the FIFA World Cup qualifying round in 2017 and did not manage to qualify for finals. Infantino delivered that information verbally.
"We have studied it, we have spoken to the (FIFA decision-making) Council".
The 2018 FIFA World Cup kicks off in 62 days with the opening match in the Russian capital of Moscow.
Federation Internationale de Football Association may look to limit the number of professional players that can be contracted to any one club, by regulating loan transfer or even prohibiting them completely.
Switzerland now sit in sixth place, one ahead of France, after both sides climbed up two spots.
How would the Club World Cup change?
- Di Francesco On Roma Win: I Deserve The Credit
- Volkswagen to replace HR chief with Gunnar Kilian -…
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Tesla's production issues go beyond the Gigafactory (TSLA)
- EC Launches Blockchain Partnership Initiative at EU DD18
- Iranian forces among 14 killed in strike on Syria air base: monitor
- U.S. approves $300mn guided missile deal with Qatar
- Nicki Minaj Courtside at Lakers For Andre Ingram's Insane Debut
- 'Trump was right' McMaster offers troops to patrol Texas border
- Seventh murder charge for alleged Toronto serial killer
- Masabi and Uber enter ride-sharing and transit ticketing partnership