Nicki Minaj joined Zane Lowe on Beats 1 on Apple Music to talk about the world premiere of her two new singles "Barbie Tingz" and "Chung-Li", her relationship with Drake and the truth behind THAT Cardi B drama.
What do YOU think based on the songs you've heard so far??
In an interview with Capital Xtra late a year ago, fans agreed that Cardi B threw shade at Minaj over the collaboration, saying that Minaj "altered her verse".
To be fair, during an interview to promote her album release, Cardi was asked about the fact that she and Nicki did not shoot the video. I'll save some of those things for my album and I'm shooting a documentary. So you can imagine how stressful it was for Nicki. "And I felt so imprisoned in that moment", she said.
Her first verse seems clearly aimed at longtime nemesis and Love & Hip-Hop star, Remy Ma, with lines like "It's time to make hits and it's time to diss / How you still dissin", still can't find some hits? But I also couldn't speak out.
"The judge in question did everything I told her. I feel like fans just keep doing it because they want that".
She said that she told Meek to not start drama with Drak and to not say that he uses ghostwriters.
EC Launches Blockchain Partnership Initiative at EU DD18
Some EU member states already allow consumers to jointly sue a company for compensation, but there is no effective EU-wide tool. The EC is also inviting other members of the EU and the European Economic Area to join the European Blockchain Partnership.
Minaj said later when the drama was over the Drake was just anxious about their friendship. "I don't really give a f** strong *you", Cardi B said.
"I don't want to as well go out legal things, but I will say that every now and then I think about... anyway".
The infamous feud between Meek Mill and Drake began back in 2015. "You know, I said exactly how it came about and when it was time to clear the air about that, no one did that". We all have moved on.
"With "Motorsport" I felt ambushed", Nicki said before getting choked up about the incident.
Nicki also revealed that the negativity from social media played a huge role in her decision to take it back to the basics and go off the grid during her creative process. Minaj said she texted her hairstylist, Tokya Stylez, saying that his inability to make the video shoot meant she couldn't make it either, and she was anxious the other artists on the track would think she was doing it out of spite. "I was like, What?"
The Migos track, which features both Cardi B and Minaj, purportedly caused tension between the two female MCs. Which is why she had to shoot on another day and everyone knew that especially Cardi because they have the same hairdresser.
- Volkswagen to replace HR chief with Gunnar Kilian -…
- Man accused of telling woman he has 'full-blown AIDS' before raping her
- Nicki Minaj Courtside at Lakers For Andre Ingram's Insane Debut
- Royal wedding guest list: No Trumps, Obamas or other politicians
- Nigeria moves 5 places up on Federation Internationale de Football Association rankings
- Saudis intercept missile over Riyadh, shoot down drones in south
- Kevin Durant Will Reportedly Opt Out, Restructure Contract With Warriors
- Di Francesco On Roma Win: I Deserve The Credit
- Maharashtra: DMER taps students of Nashik University to pledge for organ donation
- Iranian forces among 14 killed in strike on Syria air base: monitor