Drew Shiller of NBC Sports Bay Area reported Wednesday that ESPN's Zach Lowe said on Lowe's podcast that some coaches and GMs expressed that they would rather face the Warriors in the first round than the Jazz or the Oklahoma City Thunder.
Apparently, this sentiment has extended to some coaches and general managers of teams the Warriors might face in the Western Conference playoffs.
Curry does so much for the Warriors that Golden State will take him at 50 percent healthy, but against San Antonio and either Portland or New Orleans, the possibility of the Warriors rushing Curry back is mitigated.
While Curry is expected to return this postseason, the growing belief that the Warriors are vulnerable raises broader questions about how they'll round into form when the playoffs tip off on Saturday.
Durant had re-signed with the Warriors at a discount last summer, signing a two-year deal worth $51 million to allow the team to re-sign players such as Andre Iguodala and Shaun Livingston.
Curry, the engine of the Warriors, whose skill set helps generate the entire offense, apparently changes that.
More footage of Tristan Thompson cheating on Khloe has emerged
The video shows Tristan putting his face between on of the women's breasts before she gropes him. However, a source told ET that he and the woman were doing "nothing more" than simply talking .
The Golden State Warriors are the defending National Basketball Association champions, and returned every major contributor from a team that went 16-1 in the postseason a year ago. But the Spurs have bigger problems, having been without Kawhi Leonard for the bulk of the year as he has pulled himself from the floor with a mysterious quadriceps injury.
The Warriors effectively conceded the top seed in the West and home-court advantage to the Rockets last month.
However, there's risk in playing half-heartedly for long stretches and then trying to turn it on when needed.
The Warriors, on the other hand, get San Antonio - a team that they are unquestionably superior to, even without Curry - and then the victor of the Portland-New Orleans first-round matchup.
"It made sense to do the one-year deal".
- Severe concussion in your 20s increases risk of dementia, study warns
- Iranian forces among 14 killed in strike on Syria air base: monitor
- 49ers player Reuben Foster accused of attacking girlfriend, rupturing her eardrum
- GOLDMAN SACHS: Tesla's production issues go beyond the Gigafactory (TSLA)
- Sergio Ramos Could Face Second UCL Ban for Pitch Encroachment Against Juventus
- Maharashtra: DMER taps students of Nashik University to pledge for organ donation
- No survivors in small plane crash at TPC Scottsdale
- Gov. Scott running for US Senate
- EC Launches Blockchain Partnership Initiative at EU DD18
- Who Is Masazo Nonaka? Japanese Man Confirmed As World's Oldest Male