They will face a tough ask in the final on Monday‚ when they meet Australia's reigning world champions of Natasha Scott‚ Kelsey Cottrell‚ Carla Krizanic and Rebecca van Asch. David Liti of New Zealand won gold, breaking the Commonwealth Games record with a total lift of 403kg while silver went to Lauititi Lui of Samoa with a total attempt of 400kg.
Gold Coast, Apr 10 (UNI) India defeated Malaysia 2-1 to seal a semi-final spot in the men's hockey of the Commonwealth Games here on Tuesday.
The Mumbai shuttler admitted that they did have hopes of winning a medal before embarking on their Gold Coast journey, but what unfolded on Monday was "totally unexpected". PV Sindhu has been a model of consistency ever since she got to lay her hands on the historic silver medal at the Rio Olympics. In the men's match-ups, Ravi Kumar shot a total of 244.1 to bag a bronze medal in men's category. To conclude, only the three of us were inside the arena, but Pooja (Sahasrabudhe) and Sutirtha (Mukherjee) have played an equally important role in bringing the gold home.
"We squashed them in the first quarter". The experienced Indian was sluggish to start with, losing the first game. Being one set down, I did not know how I would make a comeback. So targeting a record as the oldest competitor to debut at the Commonwealth Games hasn't been too daunting. Daley and Goodfellow are scheduled to compete Friday. I asked at our local club, and the girls were always with me.
Mexican Senate slams Trump's bid to militarize border
On Sunday, President Trump launched his latest Twitter tirade , this time targeting a migrant caravan in Mexico. And some, I assume, are good people ", he said previously. "We thought it would be better to flee".
McComb's night out came after he was beaten by England's Luke McCormack in the 64-kilogram division on Sunday. Second in Table Tennis at the Gold Coast and second for the Men's contingent in the Commonwealth history.
Indian men's Table Tennis team matched women's memorable gold by beating Nigeria 3-0 in the final of the 2018 Commonwealth Games' table tennis team events.
The Games is scheduled to end on April 15.
England had success in the squash finals where James Willstrop picked up the gold, while the Jamaican Yohan Blake failed to produce in the men's 100m sprint final, losing out to the South African duo of Akani Simbine and Henricho Bruintjies.
- Orban nearly certain of fourth term as Hungary votes
- Facebook bans another political data analytics firm, AggregateIQ
- Why Princess Charlotte will soon change the royal history
- Israeli defense minister claims there are 'no innocent people' in Gaza
- Arizona, New Mexico, Texas sending 1600 Guard members to border
- YouTube shooter's freaky videos key to suspected motive, police say
- Ben Simmons on Joel Embiid's 'scary' return in playoffs
- Koreas Hold Preparatory Talks Ahead of Landmark Summit
- Putin allies targeted in new US sanctions
- Cristiano Ronaldo Smashes Home 650th Career Goal In Madrid Derby