And they will face their city rival, Atletico on Sunday April 8, to either reduce their gap to one point, or allow Diego Simeone's men extend the points between them with just seven games to the end of this season.
Ronaldo got the opener before the five-time Balon d'Or victor struck with an incredible overhead kick later on.
Atletico's response was stunning and, after Navas pawed a speculative Saul Niguez shot to safety, they ensured Madrid's lead was short-lived. We have many matches, he's a Real Madrid player and is here to stay.
Griezmann has nine goals in his last eight Atletico outings, so expect a few more from the Frenchman if he can continue his good goalscoring form. "The important thing is that we are still comfortably poised at the top of the table".
Kane disputes league giving Eriksen 2nd goal
Tottenham boss Mauricio Pochettino explained: "We're playing for three points, the same as against Chelsea". Performance-wise, we don't look like a team in the bottom two that's for sure".
Bale doesn't want to be sent somewhere to make a transfer easier for Madrid, but instead feels it's best he picks his own club, and would like to play under Jose Mourinho at Old Trafford. You'll ask me about it again and I've already given you my answer.
Zidane only used Luka Modric and Karim Benzema as substitutes and withdrew Ronaldo in the 64th minute, thinking of Wednesday's Champions League quarterfinal second leg at home to Juventus and further games to come in that competition.
Real won the first leg 3-0 in Turin, with Ronaldo scoring twice, including an excellent bicycle kick.
Atletico are also in European action as they head to troubled Sporting on Thursday.
- Wellington vs. Clearview softball: Rosecrans pitches, powers Dukes to win
- DNA Test Reveals Woman's Father Is Actually Parents' Fertility Doctor
- Germany praises bail decision for ex-Catalan leader
- 40000 civilians return home in Syria's Eastern Ghouta: state media
- Israeli defense minister claims there are 'no innocent people' in Gaza
- YouTube shooter's freaky videos key to suspected motive, police say
- New NYPD drive encourages sex assault victims to come forward
- Koreas Hold Preparatory Talks Ahead of Landmark Summit
- After WhatsApp, 'unsend' your messages on Facebook Messenger soon
- Orban nearly certain of fourth term as Hungary votes