Police say a tourbus headed into the Experts golf tournament flipped over on the Georgia Inter State, injuring at least twelve folks.
The bus driver, Steven Hoppenbrouwer, 61, of Gwinnett County, Georgia, was charged with DUI and a failure to maintain lane.
Officials believe that the vehicle ran off the right side of the road and the driver moved far too back to the left, causing the vehicle to overturn into the median.The bus was also said to be owned by Jet Executive Limousine, Inc.
The Augusta Chronicle reported that seven adult passengers were transported to Augusta University Medical Center, a Level 1 trauma center.
Authorities said 18 passengers were on the bus, and several were taken to a local hospital to be treated for non-life threatening injuries.
Wellington vs. Clearview softball: Rosecrans pitches, powers Dukes to win
Maya Goodwin led the way on both sides of the ball for LEAP Academy in its 16-0 win in five innings over Lindenwold in Lindenwold. For the first game in the Lookout Valley Tournament the Lady Jackets had 8 hits and scored only 2 runs for the 6-2 loss.
The bus skidded for about 100 yards, Kip Plowman, a managing partner in Cherry Bekaert's Atlanta office, said in a video provided by Doctors Hospital of Augusta. Five of them remain at the hospital; one is still in critical condition, another is in serious condition and three are in fair condition.
Firefighters tell CBS News they are setting up a shelter and will transport passengers who did not sustain injuries there. The six other passengers had been treated and released, the hospital said.
A person who answered the phone at the business declined to comment, saying the company was "in the dark" about the details of what happened.
The crash originally led to the closure of lanes on both sides of the interstate.
- Putin allies targeted in new US sanctions
- Orban nearly certain of fourth term as Hungary votes
- Air Force F-16 Pilot Who Crashed In Nevada Wednesday Dies
- DNA Test Reveals Woman's Father Is Actually Parents' Fertility Doctor
- BJP celebrates 38th foundation day
- Presidency drops appeal against personal costs order against Zuma
- Fed raises rates on Powell's debut, ups GDP forecast
- Seattle Joins Lawsuit to Preserve Fair and Accurate Census
- Amazon Key Available Nationwide With Support For More Smart Locks
- New NYPD drive encourages sex assault victims to come forward