Commonwealth Games organisers have defended Camilla for looking jaded during Wednesday's opening ceremony at the Gold Coast, saying the Duchess of Cornwall was "shattered" from her travel schedule rather than disinterested in the show.
The team of Shayna Jack, Bronte Campbell, Emma McKeon and Cate Campbell went 0.60 seconds under Australia's previous world record set at the 2016 Rio Olympics.
Bronte and Cate Campbell powered Australia to a world record in the women's 4x100m freestyle relay to cap the first day's competition in the pool at the Gold Coast Commonwealth Games on Thursday.
The 2017 World Athletics Championship 10,000m silver medallist is among Uganda's medal hopefuls in the absence of the 2012 London Olympic marathon gold medallist Stephen Kiprotich and Moses Kipsiro, who won gold at the 2014 Commonwealth Games in Scotland.
"I've dreamed of coming to the Commonwealth Games since I was a kid".
Trump praises Mexico for breaking up 'caravan'
Most of the migrants joined the caravan in hope of reaching the US and escaping from violence plaguing their own countries. At its height last week, the caravan consisted of nearly 1,500 people mostly from Central America.
"I felt like the adrenalin was still going", Jack said. "With fans in the crowd, I wanted to give them something to cheer about by delivering a fast time". "The whole South African team just jumping up, it just made me emotional".
"I definitely felt it on the third 50 meters of that 200", Ruck said.
"I doubted I could even make the team, so to be here and be on the medal dais with two of my team mates is so special".
The 200m freestyle champion then swam the fastest split time in the relay but ran out of steam in the final few strokes.
"It's always tough in a team pursuit getting silver because you just lost the race but after the legs stop hurting we'll let the moment sink in, and realise that what we've accomplished as a team is something to be proud of".
- 5.3-magnitude quake hits near Channel Islands, rattles Southern California
- Are Apple's rumored new iPhone features Android ripoffs, or revolutionary?
- Amazon Key Available Nationwide With Support For More Smart Locks
- Severe storm threat returns late Friday
- German court agrees to release former Catalan leader on bail
- Trump tweets condolences in Marine chopper crash
- Brazil's Lula must start prison term, Supreme Court rules
- US Targets Allies of Putin in Latest Round of Sanctions
- Spyro Reignited Trilogy Switch Version Listed On Nintendo UK Website
- China vows 'same strength' measures against USA tariffs