You have other things like feet running (let's go), twinkle twinkle (time for bed), dinner bell (obviously), and even a playful kiss for when you want to say "love you" to everyone. That means to take advantage of this new intercom feature, users will need to have an array of Amazon-made devices, like the Echo, Echo Plus, Echo Dot, Echo Show, Echo Spot, and Echo Look.
You are able to quickly get an audio message out to everyone in the household (or at those within earshot of an Echo speaker) by saying "Alexa, broadcast" or "Alexa, announce" followed by whatever you want to say.
The Alexa Announcements feature is rolling out to Alexa users in the U.S. and Canada starting 5 April.
Fed raises rates on Powell's debut, ups GDP forecast
This - plus the Fed's upwardly revised economic projections - raises the possibility of a fourth hike in 2018. The 2020 gross domestic product growth median projection was also unchanged at 2%.
The tech giant said Alexa could then be used to control video playback, set a timer, control music and other appliances in a smart home, such as connected lights.
The command also works with "Alexa, announce." and "Alexa, broadcast.".
While this feature alone may not be enough to convince someone to buy a few extra Echo devices, it's certainly a clever use of the hardware and gives families one more reason to fill their home with smart speakers.
Amazon has started rolling out the "Announcements" feature today in the USA and Canada, and will likely introduce it worldwide later in the year. Once installed, you will have access to the vast array of Alexa skills whenever your tablet's display is on.
- Air Force F-16 Pilot Who Crashed In Nevada Wednesday Dies
- Tinder crashes after Facebook implements new data policy
- 5.3-magnitude quake hits near Channel Islands, rattles Southern California
- Seattle Joins Lawsuit to Preserve Fair and Accurate Census
- German court agrees to release former Catalan leader on bail
- 40000 civilians return home in Syria's Eastern Ghouta: state media
- Trump praises Mexico for breaking up 'caravan'
- 2018 hurricane season predicted to be 'slightly above-average,' forecasters say
- John Krasinski's awkward encounter with a blunt customs agent
- China vows 'same strength' measures against USA tariffs