The charity's CEO Patrick Green said there had been extra funding to tackle knife crime, which he welcomed, but added that the government needed to act with more urgency and that budget cuts affecting youth services had played a part. "She didn't know what to do".
The woman, who did not want to be named, said it only became clear the teenager had been shot when paramedics removed her bra to get to her injury.
"I tried to save her at the time".
Describing the victim as a "good girl", she said: "She didn't deserve that".
"Victim 1 remains in a critical condition and Victim 2 has life-changing injuries but not life-threatening", the police said.
Police said they were called to the hospital just after 8.30pm on Thursday and officers have designated it a crime scene while they examine the vehicle used to transport the victim.
N.Korean TV airs S.Korean pop concert
South Korean singer Cho Yong-pil speaks to the media before departing for Pyongyang from Gimpo International Airport in Seoul . The Day of the Sun falls on April 15, when North Korean founder Kim Il Sung, Kim Jong-un's grandfather, was born in 1912.
Cops confirmed this morning there has been no arrests and they do not believe the shootings to be linked.
A third incident on Sunday evening left a 16-year-old boy in hospital after he was stabbed near Bow in east London.
Metropolitan police commissioner Cressida Dick, Britain's most senior officer, said that police alone would not be able to halt the trend, pointing the finger at the use of social media by youngsters.
A Sunday Times report found England's capital recorded 15 murders across the month, which was one victim more than NY.
It is the latest in a string of fatal stabbings in London and comes just days after two men were knifed to death within 12 hours of each other in the city. "It's looking like it'll be worse that last year, which was worse than the year before", he told Reuters.
A Downing Street spokesman said that the Government's new serious violence strategy will focus on intervention measures meant to "break the cycle" of violent crime. "They do not obey the laws against guns, knives or murder and mayhem".
- Saudi prince's visit expected to impact traffic in Puget Sound region
- In Case You Forgot, Trump Still Hates Amazon
- Fister outduels Keuchel as Rangers beat Astros
- How Kate Middleton and Zara Tindall Styled Their Easter Sunday Maternity Looks
- Final Four hero lifts Notre Dame to title
- Spring snow storm blankets parts of Montana
- United States government plans to ask visa applicants for social media history
- Ghouta Falls in Syrian Regime's Clutches
- Ex-spy poisoning row: Britain unable to identify source of nerve agent
- Something Brilliant Happened Between Mourinho And Swansea Manager After Full