The Intel® Thermal Velocity Boost feature is supported on Intel® Core™ i9-8950HK and Intel® Xeon® Processor E-2186M and is created to increase performance of both multi-threaded and single-threaded workloads. Intel says that as the PC gaming industry grows, new processors will provide desktop-like performance for laptops. The extremely high performance provided by the Core i9 processor comes as an answer to the ever growing needs of gamers, Karin Eibschitz Segal, the director of Intel's Israeli development center said in a statement.
The company announced on 3 April at a press event in Beijing, the first ever Intel Core i9 laptop.
Two H series processors and both M series Xeon CPUs are built on Intel's VPro technology.
Intel also announced the new T-series chips which the company describes as "power-optimised lifestyle" since they come in 35W instead of 65W.
Last year, Intel reset the bar for what counted as a performance desktop processor with the introduction of the Core i9. Many sport six cores, offering improved performance over previous generations.
Blue Moon To Light Up The Sky For Easter
That left the short month of February with no full moon, setting the phase for March's two full moons. As the second full moon in a calendar month, the March 31 full moon earns the name of blue moon .
At the very top of the pack, you get the Intel Core i9-8950HK which is a 6-core-12-thread CPU with 2.9GHz base speed and boost speed of 4.8GHz.
Intel said the new mobile processor range adds a new Intel 300 Series Chipset with integrated Gigabit Wi-Fi, which can be twice as fast as the standard 2×2 802.11AC 80 MHz.
Anandtech has additional chipset details and a breakdown of the rather confusing way Intel's 8th generation CPUs are split between 14nm+, 14nm++, and an as-yet-unknown 10nm refresh from Cannon Lake.
Of course the Core i9 has been around for a while now.
The company introduced 8th generations Core Processors for desktops as well. It has uncovered evidence of an internal Apple initiative dubbed "Kalamata", which would see a multistage transition from Intel's x86-based chips now used in Apple's desktop and notebook lineups to Apple's custom ARM-based chips. The new memory results in 1.3 times better data writing performance along with retrieval related tasks and 4.7 times faster level loading in games, the chip maker claims.
- N.Korean TV airs S.Korean pop concert
- How Kate Middleton and Zara Tindall Styled Their Easter Sunday Maternity Looks
- Active shooter situation at YouTube headquarters; multiple patients
- Cardinals Drop Season Opener to Mets 9-4 in NY
- Spring snow storm blankets parts of Montana
- Advertisers Ditch Laura Ingraham After She Mocks Parkland Activist
- United States government plans to ask visa applicants for social media history
- Joshua vs Parker: Dillian Whyte interested in fighting Alexander Povetkin
- Delhi police makes arrests in CBSE paper leak, asks Google for help
- Egyptian president re-elected with 97% of vote