It expands the Trump administration's plan to evaluate threats and benefits associated with potential immigrants and visitors. If adopted, it will affect nearly 15 million people who apply for a U.S. visa every year, the vast majority of which are tourists and those who travel to the country for business or education purposes.
"Applicants will be required to identify which they use and provide any identifiers used by applicants for those platforms during the five years preceding the date of application".
According to notices submitted by the State Department on Thursday, set for formal publication on Friday, the government plans to require almost all visa applicants to the U.S. to submit five years of social media handles for specific platforms identified by the government - and with an option to list handles for other platforms not explicitly required.
Other questions seek five years of previously used telephone numbers, email addresses and worldwide travel whether the visa applicant has been deported or removed from any country and whether specified family members have been involved in terrorist activities, said the document which would be formally published today.
They will be forced to reveal all social media accounts deployed in the last five years.
Cardinals Drop Season Opener to Mets 9-4 in NY
A three-time All-Star, Holland was a free agent after leading the National League with 41 saves a year ago for Colorado. Mayor Bill de Blasio throws out the ceremonial first pitch before Opening Day in March 2014.
The suggestion, which is from the state department, would request details about the social media accounts from the visa applicants.
But now, every applicant will be required to include five years of social media usernames on their application - some 15 million foreigners who apply for us visas each year - although certain diplomatic and official visa applicants would usually be exempt.
The administration expects the move to affect almost 15 million would-be immigrants to the United States, according to the documents.
Only applicants for certain diplomatic and official visa types may be exempted from the requirements, the documents said.
- Jose Mourinho sad to see Ibrahimovic leave for US
- Saudi prince's visit expected to impact traffic in Puget Sound region
- Secondus to challenge Lai in court over N200m allegation
- Serial subject Adnan Syed will get a new trial
- Tracking morning showers Friday with temps in the near 60s
- New York Yankees Opening Day preview
- Delhi police makes arrests in CBSE paper leak, asks Google for help
- Lindsay Lohan Loses 'Grand Theft Auto: V' Lawsuit Over 'Likeness' To Character
- LeBron James Breaks Michael Jordan's Double-Digit Scoring Record
- Driver tries to ram group of French soldiers