Cardinals starter Carlos Martinez again had difficulty in the early innings Thursday. He had three hits, including a solo home run to go along with two RBI. His first pitch of the spring was clocked over 100 mph, but over the course of five games he showed mastery over his complete nasty arsenal, which includes a 92 mph slider and 90 mph changeup.
"I was mad at myself not making that play, for sure". The only baserunner after Martinez's homer in the fifth came on a two-out walk to Molina in the ninth, the first walk by a Mets pitcher in the game ...
Two of the hardest throwers in the majors will face off in Thursday's series opener when New York's Noah Syndergaard, who touches 100 miles per hour twice as often as any other pitcher, will oppose the Cardinals' Carlos Martinez, who occasionally hits that level. "We have veteran guys".
"Just a great all-around effort today", Frazier said.
The lovely thing about baseball though is that its eight months provide so many twists and turns that expectations can fly out the window once the first pitch is thrown. A three-time All-Star, Holland was a free agent after leading the National League with 41 saves a year ago for Colorado.
New question on upcoming 2020 census has some raising an eyebrow
The Maryland jurisdiction of almost 900,000 people borders Washington, D.C., with 65 percent of the population African American. An estimated 2.1 percent of the African-American and 1.5 percent of the Hispanic population were missed during the last Census.
Cardinals: The club had planned to use newcomer Luke Gregerson as its closer early this season, but he strained his left hamstring late in spring training and opened on the 10-day disabled list with no timetable for his return.
Mayor Bill de Blasio throws out the ceremonial first pitch before Opening Day in March 2014.
J. Martinez singled and scored ahead of Yadier Molina's homer in the second and then singled to drive in Matt Carpenter, who had doubled, with the tying run in the fourth.
The Mets are shaking things up with their team celebration.
- Defiant Catalan academic Ponsati granted bail in fight to avoid Spanish extradition
- Who Is Philip Meacham? Suspect Posing As Police Officer Kills Kentucky Cop
- LeBron James Breaks Michael Jordan's Double-Digit Scoring Record
- Blue Moon To Light Up The Sky For Easter
- Interesting Tidbits from Tiffany Haddish's Interview That Aren't About Beyoncé
- New York Yankees Opening Day preview
- In Case You Forgot, Trump Still Hates Amazon
- Motorola's Moto Z3 Play specs listed by the FCC
- Lindsay Lohan Loses 'Grand Theft Auto: V' Lawsuit Over 'Likeness' To Character
- ABC renews 'Roseanne' for Season 11