But one famous Hollywood A-lister definitely did take notice because she thought Take-Two Interactive Software, which owns Rockstar Games, modelled two characters off her for Grand Theft Auto: V. The court said that Lacey may constitute a "portrait" under NY civil rights law but that the artistic rendering was "satirical" and "not reasonably identifiable". The Jonas character, Lohan said, misappropriated her "portrait" and "voice", and the blonde characters evoked her likeness and "persona".
At the time, legal expert Zachary Strebeck noted in his Gamasutra blog that "under NY publicity rights law, "any recognizable likeness, not just an actual photograph" is protected". But a New York Supreme Court judge (New York Supreme Court is actually trial-level state court) ruled against Lohan.
Unfortunately for her, the case has been dismissed by the state court.
The case was initially thrown out in 2016 due to the court ruling that "Even if we accept plaintiffs" contentions that the video game depictions are close enough to be considered representations of the respective plaintiffs, plaintiffs" claims should be dismissed because this video game does not fall under the statutory definitions of "advertising' or "trade, '" it continued.
In late 2016, the case was thrown out when a NY court ruled in favor of Take-Two, stating that the video game doesn't fall under the statutory definition of "advertising" or "trade" and hence, doesn't fall under the state's publicity laws.Читайте также: Apple iOS 11.3 brings power management to the people
Lohan's movies include 1998's "The Parent Trap" and 2004's "Mean Girls", but acting roles became harder to find following legal and other problems. Not only did Lohan's 2013 defamation lawsuit fail, her lawyers were caught plagiarizing.
From the get-go, it was apparent that Lindsay is trying to cash in from what she felt was her likeness in the game.
It may have been a refreshing appearance for fans who hadn't seen Lohan's face in a while.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Iran-Backed Houthis Fire Seven Missiles at Saudi Arabia
- KU to open Allen Fieldhouse for Final 4 watch party
- Sarah Jessica Parker Doesn't Exactly Endorse Cynthia Nixon For Governor
- Interesting Tidbits from Tiffany Haddish's Interview That Aren't About Beyoncé
- Trump ousts Veterans chief, taps White House doctor
- Facebook is probing reappearance of users' never-posted videos
- Tracking morning showers Friday with temps in the near 60s
- Leaders Of North, South Korea To Meet April 27th
- IPL 2018: Sunrisers Hyderabad announce their vice-captain for the season
- One-of-a-kind New Orleanian, baseball star Rusty Staub dies