"If we monetized our customer, if our customer was our product, we could make a ton of money", Cook said. "We've elected not to do that", he continued. In a statement posted on his personal Facebook page, he wrote, "We will learn from this experience to secure our platform further and make our community safer for everyone going forward".
"Privacy to us is a human right", Cook said.
The social network has been rocked in recent weeks following claims from whistleblower Christopher Wylie the data of 50m US-based Facebook users was collected without their knowledge by a third party app, which British consultancy firm Cambridge Analytica then used to create targeted adverts during the 2016 US Presidential election.
Your Guide to Pasadena Area Easter Egg Hunts This Saturday
Valchar is the owner of My Giving Tree Gift Shop & Art Gallery in Downtown Belton and has participated in the egg hunt for years. Participants can also enter a drawing for a giant stuffed bunny that will be given away by Lake Oswego Mayor Kent Studebaker.
In an interview about App Store policies, Apple CEO Tim Cook suggested watching adult content on Apple devices is not as bad an idea as the company's late founder Steve Jobs thought. China was given the infamous title of the worst abuser of internet freedom for a third year in a row, due to government censorship and restrictions of basic online services and an nearly complete lack of digital privacy.
"Cook also took a swipe at Amazon's Jeffrey P. Bezos when Chris Hayes asked the former Amazon's much-publicized search for a location for its new campus". "I do think that it is time for a set of people to think deeply about what can be done here". Now he has to deal with a #DeleteFacebook campaign that is trending, and is expected to testify before Congress on how something like this could happen in the first place.
Revolution: Apple Changing the World airs at 8 PM ET, April 6 on MSNBC.
According to Bloomberg, Cook added: "The ability of anyone to know what you've been browsing about for years, who your contacts are, who their contacts are, things you like and dislike, and every intimate detail of your life - from my own point of view, it shouldn't exist".
- One-of-a-kind New Orleanian, baseball star Rusty Staub dies
- Jaguar and Waymo join forces to build driverless I-Pace
- Iran-Backed Houthis Fire Seven Missiles at Saudi Arabia
- KU to open Allen Fieldhouse for Final 4 watch party
- Malala Yousafzai returns to Pakistan for first time since Taliban attack
- Sarah Jessica Parker Doesn't Exactly Endorse Cynthia Nixon For Governor
- Driver tries to ram group of French soldiers
- New York Yankees Opening Day preview
- Trump ousts Veterans Affairs chief David Shulkin in administration's latest shake-up
- Apple iOS 11.3 brings power management to the people