Apple on Thursday released iOS 11.3, which, perhaps most notably, lets you switch off its controversial slowdown feature and see a breakdown of your battery's health, so you'll know whether it needs to be serviced.
Apple's augmented reality platform, ARKit, has also been updated to support horizontal surfaces. It wasn't for the reason many suspected-to sell more new iPhones-but to extend the lives of older ones; still, Apple had not been upfront about what it was doing behind the scenes. That functionality was introduced in iOS 10.2.1 and reduces maximum performance in an effort to prevent phones with weak batteries from shutting off under load. iOS 11.3 now includes a battery health monitoring tool along with an override for said automatic management.
It's important to note that we haven't seen anything official released into the world of jailbreaking regarding an iOS 11.3 jailbreak. Anyone with an iPhone 6, iPhone 6 Plus, iPhone SE, iPhone 6s, iPhone 6s Plus, iPhone 7 and iPhone 7 Plus can disable the power management option created to prevent unexpected shutdowns as a battery ages.
Messages now includes a Business Chat feature that allows you to connect to representatives from businesses, and you'll find this in watchOS 4.3 as well.
Mega Millions winning numbers drawing yields no victor ; lottery jackpot at $502M
Visit palottery.com for winning numbers, rules, chances of winning, and to join the VIP Players Club for second chances to win. Although there were no winners in Friday's drawing, IL players won more than 50,000 in prizes, from $2 to $10,000.
Health Records. A new feature of the Health app, patients treated at certain partnering medical institutions will be able to access their records from those institutions directly within Health. The company expects that developers will use ARKit to create experiences like interactive movie posters and museums filled with dynamic virtual exhibits.
An iOS 11.3 jailbreak has been hard and somewhat pointless to start developing at this point, considering the fact that so far it has been in a pre-release state that is constantly being revised and updated with new fixes and features. The Apple Watch and Apple TV also received updates.
Support for Advanced Mobile Location (AML) to automatically send a user's current location when making a call to emergency services in countries where AML is supported.
- Latest Forecast: Rain And Snow Starts Wednesday Afternoon
- Facebook is probing reappearance of users' never-posted videos
- Opening Day Forecast: Warmer with a Chance of Rain
- Dow closes more than 300 points lower
- Trump ousts Veterans Affairs chief David Shulkin in administration's latest shake-up
- Israel Prime Minister Netanyahu hospitalized with fever
- Wednesday is your week's best… cooler heading into the Easter weekend
- Iran-Backed Houthis Fire Seven Missiles at Saudi Arabia
- China Agrees to Address India's Trade Deficit Concerns
- Uber exits South-East Asia market with sale to Singapore-based rival