The Chromebook Tab 10 has been priced at $329 (Rs.21,300 approx.) and is set to go on sale next month in the US. It runs the same full-featured Chrome OS already found on existing tablet convertibles with a dock at the bottom of the screen. In terms of dimensions, the Acer Chromebook Tab 10 measures 172.2 x 238.2 x 9.98mm and weighs in at 550 grams. Battery life, meanwhile, is at up to 9 hours for the Chrome OS tablet. So far, Chrome OS has pretty much been limited to laptop-style devices, though Google has previously told users to expect tablets running Chrome OS at some point. One of the main reasons why Chromebooks and cheap Windows 10 laptops are so popular in classrooms is because they come with keyboards - the preferred input for getting real work done.
Google and Acer are targeting the educational market with this new addition, although the tablet will be made available for purchase for regular customers too. Since it is a tablet designed for education, the tablet is bundled with a Wacom EMR stylus.
Acer has announced the Chromebook Tab 10, the very first Chrome OS tablet. Students can login to any device for a personalized learning and log-out hassle-free when the class is over.
China Tariffs Will Total $50 Billion
Beijing announced its own plans that could hit up to $3bn of U.S. goods including fresh fruit, wine and nuts with levies. Trade Representative's office said Trump's action was in response to "unfair and harmful acquisition of U.S. technology".
The compact size ensures that the Acer Chromebook Tab 10 easily fits in a backpack or desk, and the unique cobalt blue color makes it stand out so it's easy to find.
4GB of RAM, 32GB of eMMC storage and a microSD card expansion slot rounds out the temporary and permanent storage figures. That's a Rockchip RK3399-C hexa-core ARM chip with two high-power Cortex-A72 cores and four Cortex-A53 cores in a BIG.little configuration. Plus, it doesn't require a battery and is resistant to accidental drops.
Additional connectivity support includes 2×2 MIMO 802.11ac Wi-Fi and Bluetooth 4.1.
The Chromebook Tab 10 probably won't be a device you purchase, but it's something your kids might use at school - Acer is targeting the Chromebook Tab 10 as an education product. Additionally, the Tab 10 supports augmented reality in the classroom such as Google's Expeditions AR. Chrome OS-powered tablets are easier to use.
- Lucas Browne should take stock after Dillian Whyte knockout, says Ricky Hatton
- School District Arms Students With Boatload of Rocks to Defend Against Shooters
- With adults quiescent, teens must protest gun violence
- Changes Made For Season 2 Of '13 Reasons Why'
- Furore erupts around Indian PM Modi's app over alleged data sharing
- Wife jailed after smacking husband in head over forgetting anniversary
- Turkey neutralizes 3698 terrorists in Afrin op
- Asghar Stanikzai 'proud' after guiding Afghanistan to 2019 ICC Cricket World Cup
- Rajya Sabha polls: SP cancels victory celebration after BSP loss
- Trump "Pauses" Tariffs for More Countries, Including EU