The Dublin Fire Brigade spent hours battling a huge blaze which broke out high up in Ballymun's Metro hotel on Wednesday night.
A MASSIVE fire has tonight erupted at a high-rise Dublin hotel.
The building was evacuated and no injuries were reported at the time of writing.
Dublin Fire Brigade said eight fire engines, specialist fire-fighting equipment and paramedics were at the scene.
Mass protests against Macron reform plans as strikes hit trains, air travel
The movement will be reinforced by stoppages at train services and cancellation of scheduled flights at France's main airports. Laurence Michel, 48, joined the SNCF in 2008 through a program she said could well disappear with the government overhaul.
In the past the hotel has been used for emergency accomodation for the homeless, but Anthony Flynn of Inner City Helping Homeless has confirmed that no homeless families are now being accommodated there.
The hotel had been used as emergency accommodation for some of Dublin's homeless.
"Fire services are now dealing with a building on fire, Gardaí are at scene". "Some families were affected from the apartments above the hotel, but everyone is safe".
Gardaí are also at the scene and traffic diversions are in place around the area.
- Israel officially confirms 2007 strike destroying Syrian nuclear reactor
- Serena Williams isn't the only woman 'unseeded' after maternity leave
- NPD: Toys "R" Us closures will not tank the industry
- Sterling dips after United Kingdom inflation slows more than expected
- Twitter reveals that 'Black Panther' is its most-tweeted-about movie ever
- WhatsApp co-founder wants everyone to delete their Facebook accounts
- Del Potro stuns Federer
- Stranger Things stars land huge pay increases ahead of season 3
- Venezuela Slams US President For Banning Transactions In Petro
- Jonathan Martin Reportedly Surrenders to Police on Charges from Instagram Post