Things apparently took a turn for the worse Friday. our sources say Brown died at home after some type of cardiac episode. She was given tests and released.
Brown played Connie, an assistant to Chief Boden (Eamonn Walker), on Chicago Fire.
There is some extremely sad news to report tonight: DuShon Monique Brown, an actress best known for her time on Chicago Fire, has died at the age of 49. According to the Cook County medical examiner's office, DuShon died shortly after 12:00 P.M.at St. James Olympia Field Hospital.
"The "Chicago Fire" family is devastated to lose one of its own", said executive producer Dick Wolf in a statement.
TMZ reported her family called paramedics on Friday morning as she was feeling ill.
However, the cause of Brown's death has yet to be revealed.
Venezuela Slams US President For Banning Transactions In Petro
The government has promised that Venezuelans will be able to use the $60 coins to pay taxes and for public services. Venezuela's state-backed cryptocurrency petro has been mired in controversy right from the beginning.
DuShon - a Chicago native - has been on "Chicago Fire" since the show started in 2012.
Brown also had guest roles on the U.S. version of Shameless and Kelsey Grammer's political thriller Boss.
"What was exciting was it was auditioning for a Chicago show, but it was also the possibility that she could maybe develop into something", Brown said.
DuShon had a background in social work and a Masters in Counseling and once worked as a counselor at a local high school. She was also head of the school's drama programme.
The actress is survived by a 14-year-old daughter.
We met Brown briefly during the 100th episode party for Chicago Fire back in the Windy City in 2016 and she was nothing short of warm, kind, and friendly.
- China trade war over tariffs sends global markets crashing
- More than 140 whales die after mass stranding in Australia
- PUBG Mobile for iOS Launches in Canada
- Fortnite Mobile players have spent $1.5 million in just three days
- Israel officially confirms 2007 strike destroying Syrian nuclear reactor
- Stranger Things stars land huge pay increases ahead of season 3
- Fed Raises Key Rate, Foresees 2 More Hikes This Year
- Cynthia Nixon hits campaign trail
- Mass protests against Macron reform plans as strikes hit trains, air travel
- Jonathan Martin Reportedly Surrenders to Police on Charges from Instagram Post