Though it launched on iOS as a limited "early release" last Thursday, Epic Games' Fortnite is already sitting atop the App Store's free app download charts and, according to fresh estimates from Sensor Tower, has grossed more than $1.5 million in worldwide in-app purchases.
To start with, Epic Games is increasing the chances of receiving treasure chests in Fortnite Battle Royale from 50-70 per cent to 80-90 per cent. Now, the Epic Games installment can notch another tally mark in their "win" column. In addition, it entered the top 10 of main applications in 58 countries.
This means just about third of the revenue that Pokemon Go has earned in its first four days, which equated to about $5 million - it's a lot of money from a lot of eager players who wanted to kit out their characters in one of the most popular battle royale games now out there. You'd better get out there and get to work. The mobile version of the game is also not universally available, as players have to be invited to the game by Epic in order to gain access.
Autonomous Uber prototype kills pedestrian on public road
It was reported that earlier this morning, an Uber self-driving vehicle struck and killed a pedestrian in Tempe , Arizona . Uber expressed condolences to Herzberg's family and says it is working with local law enforcement on the investigation.
A quick look at the responses to the Epic Games comment shows that many players appear to be in agreement with the default mode change, though several emphasized that the increase should be a "slight" one as mentioned to avoid having massive fortresses available on demand.
Making those figures even more impressive is the fact that Fortnite isn't even open to the general public on iOS devices quite yet and isn't on Android in the U.S.at all.
The Fortnite limited time Blitz mode will be the first LTM that Fortnite Mobile fans are able to take part in.
- Trump to clamp down on opioid dealers - including seeking the death penalty
- Egypt's Mohamed Salah Leads Lionel Messi In European Golden Shoe Race
- Facebook hires digital forensics firm to audit Cambridge Analytica
- Jonathan Martin Reportedly Surrenders to Police on Charges from Instagram Post
- Actor Jim Carrey Blasted Over Painting that Resembles Huckabee Sanders
- USA arrests Iranian over alleged US$115m sanctions evasion scheme
- Del Potro stuns Federer
- The Pennsylvania GOP is having a very bad 2018
- PUBG Mobile for iOS Launches in Canada
- Minneapolis officer faces felony charges for Justine Damond shooting