Though it launched on iOS as a limited "early release" last Thursday, Epic Games' Fortnite is already sitting atop the App Store's free app download charts and, according to fresh estimates from Sensor Tower, has grossed more than $1.5 million in worldwide in-app purchases.
To start with, Epic Games is increasing the chances of receiving treasure chests in Fortnite Battle Royale from 50-70 per cent to 80-90 per cent. Now, the Epic Games installment can notch another tally mark in their "win" column. In addition, it entered the top 10 of main applications in 58 countries.
This means just about third of the revenue that Pokemon Go has earned in its first four days, which equated to about $5 million - it's a lot of money from a lot of eager players who wanted to kit out their characters in one of the most popular battle royale games now out there. You'd better get out there and get to work. The mobile version of the game is also not universally available, as players have to be invited to the game by Epic in order to gain access.
USA arrests Iranian over alleged US$115m sanctions evasion scheme
The proposal is allegedly part of an European Union strategy to appease US President Donald Trump and preserve the Iran nuclear deal .
A quick look at the responses to the Epic Games comment shows that many players appear to be in agreement with the default mode change, though several emphasized that the increase should be a "slight" one as mentioned to avoid having massive fortresses available on demand.
Making those figures even more impressive is the fact that Fortnite isn't even open to the general public on iOS devices quite yet and isn't on Android in the U.S.at all.
The Fortnite limited time Blitz mode will be the first LTM that Fortnite Mobile fans are able to take part in.
- Ignoring Problems With Russia, Trump Congratulates Putin On Victory
- Autonomous Uber prototype kills pedestrian on public road
- New football league eyes start after 2019 Super Bowl
- Egypt's Mohamed Salah Leads Lionel Messi In European Golden Shoe Race
- Mississippi's Governor Has Signed The Nation's Most Restrictive Abortion Ban Into Law
- Stranger Things stars land huge pay increases ahead of season 3
- The Pennsylvania GOP is having a very bad 2018
- WhatsApp co-founder wants everyone to delete their Facebook accounts
- Minneapolis officer faces felony charges for Justine Damond shooting
- Del Potro stuns Federer