Meanwhile, The Guardian quotes a Facebook spokeswoman saying, "Mark, Sheryl and their teams are working around the clock to get all the facts and take the appropriate action moving forward, because they understand the seriousness of this issue".
On Monday, Facebook's shares fell 7 per cent after reports that British firm Cambridge Analytica, a consultant for now US President Donald Trump's Presidential campaign, used data, including user likes, inappropriately obtained from Facebook users to try and influence the elections held in November 2016.
"In a recent tweet, Brian Acton wrote, "It is time", with a hashtag, to "#deletefacebook". Acton stayed on with Facebook until 2017, but has since invested $50 million in Signal, a messaging app that is a direct competitor of Facebook's messaging apps.
A 19-year-old College Student Has Gone Missing in Bermuda
Joseph's University says they are in touch with Mark's family and Bermuda authorities and continues to pray for his safe return. According to the university, Dombroski, a member of SJU's men's rugby club, was reported missing in Hamilton, Bermuda.
While there is a huge debate going over this, there were many users who also pitched an idea to ditch all social media platforms owned by Facebook.
In what will surely be another blow to Facebook, WhatsApp cofounder Brian Acton appears to have joined the growing movement to leave the social network.
Facebook knew about this data leak back in 2015, but didn't make the information public. Facebook said Friday that Kogan "lied to us" and did not delete the data as they demanded.
As the years have progressed, WhatsApp has increasingly grown its interdependence on Facebook infrastructure with a plan for deeper integration about sharing data with the parent company.
- Modi speaks to Xi Jinping over phone
- Kohl's joins retailers in opposing Trump tariffs
- Terrorists' Digital Messages Target of Southeast Asia-Australia Pact
- Trump bans Venezuelan cryptocurrency in the US
- Uber, Ola drivers threaten indefinite strike in Delhi, Mumbai from Monday
- USA arrests Iranian over alleged US$115m sanctions evasion scheme
- Autonomous Uber prototype kills pedestrian on public road
- Facebook hires digital forensics firm to audit Cambridge Analytica
- Mississippi's Governor Has Signed The Nation's Most Restrictive Abortion Ban Into Law
- Stranger Things stars land huge pay increases ahead of season 3