While the way to protest here is debatable, the reason has remained same over time. DCP (zone X) Navinchandra Reddy said police have registered a case under non-bailable sections against them for "unlawful assembly and inciting drivers to take the law in their hands".
There are over 45,000 such cabs in Mumbai alone, out of which almost 20 percent have stopped plying due to a slump in business.
Live reports coming in from various parts of the nation-state that the response towards the strike is lukewarm on the initiation day. It also claimed that it has received support from most of the union of app-based cab drivers.
The drivers which are hired by the companies, though in a marginal number, have to be operational by the order of management of the respective companies.
State police increase patrols for St
Marijuana use can also be impairing, especially in combination with alcohol or other drugs, and can result in a DUI. Walking home can also be risky if you are impaired, so designated a sober walking buddy.
The spokespersons for both the companies were contacted but they declined to comment on the agitation.
In Mumbai, no micro or mini cabs are available for Ola riders, while Uber is only slightly better. It will not be a violent protest but a silent one with drivers expected to be off duty.
A driver partner said they demand for a monthly income of Rs 105,000 guaranteed earlier, as their earning has turned to be less than Rs 30,000.
Similar to Ola's Micro, Mini and Prime categories which offer different charges, the-driver-dissatisfaction-powered Namma TYGR provides "Hatchback" services at Rs 12.50 per km, sedan at Rs 14.50 per km and SUV at Rs 18.50 per km. According to them, vehicles which were owned by the companies and leased out to drivers were still plying on the roads, and the striking drivers were trying to stop them. A direct loss of 50% of these driver's income, the same income required to pay the due on the auto they drive while paying for the family's expenses.
Naik alleged that taxi-hailing companies are giving first priority to company-owned cars rather than driver-owned vehicles, causing a slump in their business.
While there was no response from Uber, Ola came out with a brief statement. Competition has prevailed in all sectors but it should not affect the grass root level.
- Facebook hires digital forensics firm to audit Cambridge Analytica
- Missing man presumed dead after Cresson plant explosion
- Actor Jim Carrey Blasted Over Painting that Resembles Huckabee Sanders
- Brits warn poisoning is 'challenge to all' as Turnbull considers Russian Federation sanctions
- Tiger claws back into contention for first win since 2013
- American Idol: Audriana Bolton Sings Mariah Carey In Daisy Dukes
- 'Under control': Turkish forces seize Syria's Afrin town centre from Kurds
- Cigna to spend about $52 billion for Express Scripts
- A 19-year-old College Student Has Gone Missing in Bermuda
- Cynthia Nixon Is Running For Governor of NY