We decompiled the Google Play Services beta APK, and indeed found several references to Wear OS throughout the strings. The findings provide strong evidence that the Android Wear brand is being phased out. They haven't disclosed any details regarding changing name, but the company must have wanted to remove the Android from the name of a device, as the device is not limited to Android only.
The branding can apparently be seen in the Developer Preview beta version 12.5, though there's so far no explanation for it.
The Alphabet backed search engine firm is hell-bent on giving its Android Wear platform a new life, and what's better than rebranding it in achieving the same. Also from this screenshot, we can see that Google might even be looking to rename Android Wear to Wear OS. This according to a Reddit user who claimed to have been greeted with a new icon and moniker when setting up a new Android Wear-powered smartwatch. The same thing is going to happen with the Android Wear. Without any official confirmation from Google, Wear OS remains unexplained for now.
Huawei link as Trump scuttles Broadcom-Qualcomm deal
It would have been the most valuable tech takeover in the world had it gone ahead. It would also have been the biggest takeover the technology sector had ever seen.
This function alerts the Android Wear users about a nearby Android Wear device to pair up with it to your current Android Wear device. That "W" stands for "Wear OS"-not to be confused with watchOS, the operating system the Apple Watch uses".
The latest Android 2.8 update for the smart watch is available on smartphones and users can upgrade the smart watch as soon as the upgrade is available on their devices.
We will keep a close eye on all future updates on Google I/O 2018 annual conference. Android Wear is Google's operating system for wearable devices, including smartwatches.
- Chaos in the Knesset: Netanyahu's Coalition on the Verge of Shattering
- Eddie Jones says his England players can turn their form around
- Serena Williams Is Launching a Beauty Line
- Katy Perry Shocks 'American Idol' Contestant with First Kiss
- Man's severed leg used as pillow, probe ordered
- Betsy DeVos gets schooled on '60 Minutes'
- Blizzard declared first expansion plan for The Witchwood
- SI tugboat first to respond to East River helicopter crash
- Packers reportedly sign Jimmy Graham to 3-year contract
- CB Sherman made 'vengeful' choice signing with 49ers