A school bus cleaner's severed leg was used as a pillow to prop him up on a bed in the emergency ward of a hospital in northern Indian state of Uttar Pradesh on Saturday.
The young man had lost his leg in an accident on Saturday and had been brought to the hospital in a critical condition. Later, Chief Medical Superintendent of the hospital Dr. Harischandra Arya also confirmed that an investigation had been ordered into the matter.
"The doctors treated him immediately".
Administrators at the government-run hospital in Uttar Pradesh state vowed "strict action" after images emerged showing the patient on a stretcher with the amputated limb being used as a headrest.
As the video of the man lying on a stretcher in the hospital with the severed leg under his head went viral on social and electronic media, Kaushik said strict action would be taken against those found guilty. Previously, another case had surfaced from a private hospital situation in Delhi when the hospital had declared a newborn alive baby dead.
Clemson, Cougars await NCAA fate; USC finds out if season continues
With Grantham out, Marcquise Reed and Gabe DeVoe stepped up. "We've got to get back to playing our best basketball", Pearl said. The victor of that second-round game will face the victor from Clemson and Auburn's side of the bracket in Sweet Sixteen play.
Kaushik had earlier said, "He was given immediate medical aid".
The conductor of the bus, Ghanshyam, 28 who was standing on the gate got trapped and his leg got severed.
The amputated foot was allegedly used as a headrest because there was no pillow available, the latest in a series of controversies to have hit the BJP-ruled state.
"I repeatedly asked the doctors to intervene, but they refused", Prasad said, adding that Ghanshyam's family members eventually bought a pillow from a local market. The doctor looked for something to raise his head.
Minister for medical education, Ashutosh Tandon suspended emergency medical officer Dr Mahendra Pal Singh, senior resident Dr Alok Agarwal and on duty sisters Deepa Narang and Shashi Srivastava.
- Sherman to meet with 49ers on Saturday
- Maharashtra farmers protest against agrarian distress
- Browns make moves; Seattle parts with Sherman
- Mudavadi trashes Uhuru-Raila pact, says NASA is for all-inclusive dialogue
- Richard Sherman Visiting 49ers, 'Real Chance' Deal Happens
- Google doodle marks opening of Paralympics 2018
- Tv channel, start Time, SECN Tournament Final
- Military vehicles to roll through Washington in parade
- Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane leaves Bournemouth game with injury
- Elizabeth Warren Insists She Isn't Running for President in 2020