The Opening Ceremony will air live Friday at 6 a.m. ET on NBCSN, NBCSports.com/live and the NBC Sports app.
North Korea aside, Georgia and Tajikistan will also be competing for the first time.
The wheelchair-bound skiers appeared at the same temporary stadium in Pyeongchang, about 50 kilometres (30 miles) from the heavily fortified inter-Korean border, where Kim Jong-un's sister attended the opening of last month's Winter Olympics.
After the conclusion of the 2018 Winter Olympic Games, PyeongChang is set to host the Winter Paralympic Games, here are the top five thing you need to know. To be able to lead Canada into the Opening Ceremony is a wonderful thing.
"But when North Korea called and said they wanted to be in the Olympics, everybody said let's get tickets and go". People are routinely sent to prison camps due to their disability, according to a United Nations report, and North Koreans who have fled the country have described harassment by the authorities.
The PyeongChang Winter Paralympics will start on Friday, March 9 and finish on Sunday, March 18.
Patriots Acquire Danny Shelton From Browns
Cleveland switched from a 3-4 defensive scheme to a 4-3 last season, and Shelton was not playing over the center as in the past. While Shelton won't provide the Patriots with much a pass rusher, he is a massive man that is very strong against the run.
Paralympians are an eclectic bunch, ranging from a 61-year-old Japanese ice hockey goaltender to a Mexican who found unlikely success as a mono-skier.
American Daniel Cnossen, a former US Navy Seal, took gold in the men's sit ski.
The Games will run over 10 days and 670 athletes will compete, over 100 more than in Sochi four years ago, across six sports: para Alpine skiing, para biathlon, para cross-country skiing, sleigh hockey, para snowboarding and wheelchair curling.
The unified flag, which was seen at the Winter Olympics, showed the Korean peninsula in blue against a white background. He is the flag-bearer for today's opening ceremonies.
"It is my honest hope and expectation that the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Games will serve as a cornerstone to create a caring and sharing society without discrimination or prejudice well beyond the values of peace and harmony, inspiration and jubilation", Lee added.
North Korea took center stage at the ceremony.
"We were still negotiating right up until the very last moment".
- Richard Sherman Visiting 49ers, 'Real Chance' Deal Happens
- BLS: Employment up 313000; unemployment rate unchanged
- Aid reaches Syria's Ghouta amid renewed regime attacks
- Steve Bannon: Wear label of 'racist' as a 'badge of honor'
- The new Rimac C_Two is knocking the door of 2000hp
- Initial 911 call in officer-involved shooting traced to Windsor
- Mudavadi trashes Uhuru-Raila pact, says NASA is for all-inclusive dialogue
- Giroud gets the nod up front against Crystal Palace
- French President Emmanuel Macron receives ceremonial welcomes at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Marvel Head Confirms A 'Black Panther' Sequel Is Coming