The Opening Ceremony will air live Friday at 6 a.m. ET on NBCSN, NBCSports.com/live and the NBC Sports app.
North Korea aside, Georgia and Tajikistan will also be competing for the first time.
The wheelchair-bound skiers appeared at the same temporary stadium in Pyeongchang, about 50 kilometres (30 miles) from the heavily fortified inter-Korean border, where Kim Jong-un's sister attended the opening of last month's Winter Olympics.
After the conclusion of the 2018 Winter Olympic Games, PyeongChang is set to host the Winter Paralympic Games, here are the top five thing you need to know. To be able to lead Canada into the Opening Ceremony is a wonderful thing.
"But when North Korea called and said they wanted to be in the Olympics, everybody said let's get tickets and go". People are routinely sent to prison camps due to their disability, according to a United Nations report, and North Koreans who have fled the country have described harassment by the authorities.
The PyeongChang Winter Paralympics will start on Friday, March 9 and finish on Sunday, March 18.
PUBG has "much work to do" on esports
Just like any online game with a huge pool of players and enormous popularity, PUBG aims to eventually enter into eSports. In the PUBG Roadmap 2018 post, the developers shared concept art of the new PUBG 4x4 map .
Paralympians are an eclectic bunch, ranging from a 61-year-old Japanese ice hockey goaltender to a Mexican who found unlikely success as a mono-skier.
American Daniel Cnossen, a former US Navy Seal, took gold in the men's sit ski.
The Games will run over 10 days and 670 athletes will compete, over 100 more than in Sochi four years ago, across six sports: para Alpine skiing, para biathlon, para cross-country skiing, sleigh hockey, para snowboarding and wheelchair curling.
The unified flag, which was seen at the Winter Olympics, showed the Korean peninsula in blue against a white background. He is the flag-bearer for today's opening ceremonies.
"It is my honest hope and expectation that the PyeongChang 2018 Paralympic Games will serve as a cornerstone to create a caring and sharing society without discrimination or prejudice well beyond the values of peace and harmony, inspiration and jubilation", Lee added.
North Korea took center stage at the ceremony.
"We were still negotiating right up until the very last moment".
- Mudavadi trashes Uhuru-Raila pact, says NASA is for all-inclusive dialogue
- Marvel Head Confirms A 'Black Panther' Sequel Is Coming
- Browns make moves; Seattle parts with Sherman
- The new Rimac C_Two is knocking the door of 2000hp
- French President Emmanuel Macron receives ceremonial welcomes at Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Waymo to start rolling out self-driving truck fleet in Atlanta
- Turkey termed as 'triangle of evil' by Saudi prince
- BLS: Employment up 313000; unemployment rate unchanged
- United Nations envoy urges Taliban to respond to Afghan government offer
- Media 'Feasts' on Vulnerable, Possibly Drunk Former Trump Aide