Maharashtra will elect six of these and the BJP has the numbers to elect three. "We have to wait till March 23 to see who will be the fourth candidate to win".
Prominent leaders like GVL Narshima Rao who is the party's spokesperson and Anil Jain, National General Secretary of BJP will contest from Uttar Pradesh along with Ashok Bajpai, Vijay Pal Singh Tomar, Sakal Deep Rajbhar, Kanta Kardam and Harnath Singh Yadav.
Ketkar, 72, who has edited Marathi dailies like Loksatta and Maharashtra Times, has been a left-liberal Congress supporter throughout his career.
Ms Pandey will be seeking her berth for the Upper House from the BJP-ruled Chhattisgarh while Mr Baluni will be party candidate from Uttarakhand. He briefly led the state at the head of the Shiv Sena-BJP government in 1999, and then served as cabinet minister in the Congress-NCP government after leaving his old party.
All parties have announced their list of candidates. Union human resources development (HRD) minister Prakash Javadekar filed his nomination last week for one of the three seats. Former Maharashtra chief minister Narayan Rane's name also appears among the list of candidates from Maharashtra.
The Congress list of 10 candidates Sunday includes veteran journalist Kumar Ketkar from Maharashtra, and former Union minister Naranbhai Ratwa and the party's familiar television face Amee Yajnik from Gujarat.
Watch the best bits of Elon Musk's SXSW talk
He commented that people would "vote directly on issues instead of going through representative government". The billionaire also stated that Mars will "need everything from iron foundries to pizza joints".
Congress is likely to support BSP's lone candidate in UP so that they are able to seal the deal for 2019.
The elections for the nearly 60 vacant RS seats would be held on March 23. Santosh is the nephew of the Chief Minister while the other two are from the OBC communities.
The Telugu Desam Party (TDP) today re-nominated C M Ramesh, a businessman and party financier, and chose a surprise candidate, Kanakamedala Ravindra Kumar, for elections to the two Rajya Sabha seats from Andhra Pradesh.
However, Congress spokesman Sachin Sawant said his party had two years ago given its one seat to the NCP during the biennial polls to get Council Chairman Ramraje Nimbalkar and Leader of Opposition Dhananjay Munde elected.
The Union Health Minister's term was scheduled to expire on 2 April.
- Taylor Swift Drops 'Delicate' Video, Dances Like No Ones Watching!
- Elizabeth Warren Insists She Isn't Running for President in 2020
- Military vehicles to roll through Washington in parade
- China trade deficit figure overestimated by about 20 pct: commerce minister
- Waymo to start rolling out self-driving truck fleet in Atlanta
- Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane leaves Bournemouth game with injury
- Patriots Acquire Danny Shelton From Browns
- Sherman to meet with 49ers on Saturday
- A 90 per cent shot? Tiger seeks to maintain awesome Sunday record
- Eibar 1-2 Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo the Saviour Again