In seven years with the Seahawks, Sherman made four Pro Bowls, earned two First-Team All-Pro selections and won a Super Bowl.
As far as The Faithful are concerned, it's unclear if they'll welcome him with open arms after he played the role of heel during the heated 49ers-Seahawks rivalry from 2011-2014.
BLS: Employment up 313000; unemployment rate unchanged
The measure includes part-time workers who'd prefer a full-time position and people who want a job but aren't actively looking. Construction firms added 61,000 jobs, a figure that may have been inflated by relatively warm weather last month.
"I want to go to a contender", Sherman told KIRO 97.3 FM on Friday, a flagship Seattle radio station.
Sherman's main surgery was completed by Dr. Robert Anderson, whose practice is located in Green Bay just around the corner from Lambeau Field. And Schefter says it's possible that Sherman, who grew up in California, will stay in the area after his visit.
Despite coming off of a major injury, Sherman is expected to receive plenty of interest from National Football League teams. Sherman calls his free agency an "ongoing process". He is expected to have his first free agent meeting with the 49ers.
The cost-cutting moves will give the Seahawks an estimated $38 million in available salary cap space - they had $13 million at the beginning of the week. At that point, if the 49ers like what they see, the team "will try to get a contract done" and there's a "real chance" it will happen, according to ESPN. It's the flawless trifecta of reasons for the four-time Pro Bowler to end up in San Francisco.
- Fixer Upper's Chip Gaines Reveals Gender of his Fifth Child
- 'Bachelor' star Arie Luyendyk Jr. says he'll take heat for switching fiancees
- Giroud gets the nod up front against Crystal Palace
- New $10 bill unveiled, featuring civil rights icon Viola Desmond
- Aid reaches Syria's Ghouta amid renewed regime attacks
- China sets GDP growth target of 6.5 percent for 2018
- Former Trump campaign chief faces arraignment in Virginia
- Supreme Court Legalizes Passive Euthanasia with Guidelines
- Initial 911 call in officer-involved shooting traced to Windsor
- United Nations envoy urges Taliban to respond to Afghan government offer