The move comes after three major deals Friday.
Just a day after acquiring stud wideout Jarvis Landry and quarterback Tyrod Taylor, everybody's favorite new National Football League squad trades former first-round selection Danny Shelton to the New England Patriots, according to ESPN.
For the fourth time in less than 24 hours, the Cleveland Browns have pulled off a trade.
This opens up some options for the Browns in free agency, and some possible replacement nose tackles as well as building with their draft picks from last season.
Cleveland switched from a 3-4 defensive scheme to a 4-3 last season, and Shelton was not playing over the center as in the past.
New $10 Bill Honouring Viola Desmond's Courage Is Here. And It's Vertical
Now in her 90s, Robson captivated the Halifax audience with her genuine delight at seeing her sister on Canadian currency. After being released on a $20 fine and $6 in court costs, Desmond appealed her conviction but lost.
While Shelton won't provide the Patriots with much a pass rusher, he is a massive man that is very strong against the run.
Doug Kyed of NESN.com said that Shelton is a younger and better version of the 33-year-old defensive tackle Alan Branch, who was recently released by the Patriots [VIDEO]. At best, the Patriots just added a full-time starter. Additionally, Shelton has started in all but two of the games in which he has appeared.
He's a massive, space-eating defensive tackle who will provide bulk on the interior alongside Malcom Brown (320 pounds), Lawrence Guy (300 pounds), Vincent Valentine (320 pounds), and Adam Butler (300 pounds).
The Browns made 10 first-round picks between 2009 and 2015. The Patriots now must decide whether or not to pick up Shelton's fifth-year option for the 2019 season over the course of the next few weeks and odds are good that they will. Wilson said Mathieu would be a flawless fit in New England, as he is also capable of playing cornerback and inside linebacker in sub-packages.
- Richard Sherman Visiting 49ers, 'Real Chance' Deal Happens
- Waymo to start rolling out self-driving truck fleet in Atlanta
- Steve Bannon: Wear label of 'racist' as a 'badge of honor'
- Rory McIlroy fails to keep pace with Tiger Woods at Valspar Championship
- Sherman to meet with 49ers on Saturday
- The new Rimac C_Two is knocking the door of 2000hp
- Marvel Head Confirms A 'Black Panther' Sequel Is Coming
- President Erdogan says Turkey can enter Afrin centre 'at any moment'
- Giroud gets the nod up front against Crystal Palace
- BLS: Employment up 313000; unemployment rate unchanged