The move comes after three major deals Friday.
Just a day after acquiring stud wideout Jarvis Landry and quarterback Tyrod Taylor, everybody's favorite new National Football League squad trades former first-round selection Danny Shelton to the New England Patriots, according to ESPN.
For the fourth time in less than 24 hours, the Cleveland Browns have pulled off a trade.
This opens up some options for the Browns in free agency, and some possible replacement nose tackles as well as building with their draft picks from last season.
Cleveland switched from a 3-4 defensive scheme to a 4-3 last season, and Shelton was not playing over the center as in the past.
Meghan Markle breaks royal protocol with 10-year-old fan
She's consistently proven to be the most outspoken, going-against-tradition type this generation of the royal family has seen. Dresslikeaduke.com is chronicling the fashion style of Harry, the Duke of Cambridge and other royal men.
While Shelton won't provide the Patriots with much a pass rusher, he is a massive man that is very strong against the run.
Doug Kyed of NESN.com said that Shelton is a younger and better version of the 33-year-old defensive tackle Alan Branch, who was recently released by the Patriots [VIDEO]. At best, the Patriots just added a full-time starter. Additionally, Shelton has started in all but two of the games in which he has appeared.
He's a massive, space-eating defensive tackle who will provide bulk on the interior alongside Malcom Brown (320 pounds), Lawrence Guy (300 pounds), Vincent Valentine (320 pounds), and Adam Butler (300 pounds).
The Browns made 10 first-round picks between 2009 and 2015. The Patriots now must decide whether or not to pick up Shelton's fifth-year option for the 2019 season over the course of the next few weeks and odds are good that they will. Wilson said Mathieu would be a flawless fit in New England, as he is also capable of playing cornerback and inside linebacker in sub-packages.
- Giroud gets the nod up front against Crystal Palace
- The new Rimac C_Two is knocking the door of 2000hp
- United Nations envoy urges Taliban to respond to Afghan government offer
- Mudavadi trashes Uhuru-Raila pact, says NASA is for all-inclusive dialogue
- Tottenham Hotspur's Harry Kane leaves Bournemouth game with injury
- Marvel Head Confirms A 'Black Panther' Sequel Is Coming
- Sherman to meet with 49ers on Saturday
- Media 'Feasts' on Vulnerable, Possibly Drunk Former Trump Aide
- Eibar 1-2 Real Madrid: Cristiano Ronaldo the Saviour Again
- Korea mulls entering new Pacific trade pact