Potential details for President Donald Trump's requested military parade were revealed Friday - and tanks are not included.
The event will include "no tanks", but it will play host to "a heavy air component at the end of the parade, to include older aircraft as available", the memo states. There won't be any tanks in consideration of Washington's roadways, but the plan calls for wheeled military vehicles to roll through the streets.
Military experts believe that President Trump wishes to show military might of USA to the world as China and Russian Federation do by holding their military parades.
A Pentagon planning memo issued Thursday and released Friday says the parade being planned for November 11, Veterans Day, will "include wheeled vehicles only, no tanks - consideration must be given to minimize damage to local infrastructure".
The memo from the office of Defense Secretary Jim Mattis offered initial planning guidance to the chairman of the Joint Chiefs of Staff, whose staff will plan the parade along a route from the White House to the Capitol and integrate it with the city's annual veterans' parade.
The parade will be merged with the existing Veteran's Day Parade.Читайте также: Northeastern US hit by second major storm in a week
It is pertinent to mention that Department of State is planning to invite heads of North Atlantic Treaty Organisation allied member states to watch the parade along with President Trump.
It added that the parade would focus on the contributions of USA military veterans throughout history, starting from the American Revolutionary War. Also participating will be veterans groups and the ceremonial Old Guard Fife and Drum Corps.
The letter asked for the inclusion of the Medal of Honor Association, as well as Veterans Service Organizations, and to have veterans and Medal of Honor recipients standing around President Trump at the Capitol.
"Being a great president has to do with a lot of things, but one of them is being a great cheerleader for the country", Trump said.
The Joint Staff will reportedly oversee the planning of the procession, while Northern Command, which oversees US troops in North America, will carry it out.При любом использовании материалов сайта и дочерних проектов, гиперссылка на обязательна.
«» 2007 - 2018 Copyright.
Автоматизированное извлечение информации сайта запрещено.
Код для вставки в блог
- Mudavadi trashes Uhuru-Raila pact, says NASA is for all-inclusive dialogue
- Sherman to meet with 49ers on Saturday
- President Erdogan says Turkey can enter Afrin centre 'at any moment'
- International Women's day : Indian Railways deploy all women ticket examiner in Mumbai
- Kawhi Leonard says he'll return "soon", no friction between him and team
- Aid reaches Syria's Ghouta amid renewed regime attacks
- PUBG has "much work to do" on esports
- Turkey termed as 'triangle of evil' by Saudi prince
- Rory McIlroy fails to keep pace with Tiger Woods at Valspar Championship
- The new Rimac C_Two is knocking the door of 2000hp