Take, for example, the Rimac C_Two, the latest creation of a Croatian auto company.
The four-electric motors (one for each wheel) in the Rimac C_Two electric hypercar is powered by a 120 kWh Lithium-Manganese-Nickel battery.
The new Rimac C_Two is knocking the door of 2000hp
The front wheels have a single-speed transmission as in conventional electric cars while the rear wheels get a 2-speed gearbox. 1,914 hp create incredible acceleration of 0-60 miles per hour in 1,85* sec and 0-300 km/h in 11,8* sec. The wheels are aerodynamically designed for low drag and efficient motor cooling. It can even scan your face to determine your mood and tell whether you might want some high-speed fun or a more relaxed ride. Such claims put it on a collision course with the new Tesla Roadster, said to charge from 0-60 in 1.9 seconds. The electric supercar can hit 100km/h in just 1.85 seconds, making it the quickest production vehicle ever made. The Concept Two will have Level 4 self-driving capability, according to Rimac founder Mate Rimac, though we'll believe that when we see it (there are now zero road cars with that capability).
The electric supercar can also perform well on the track with a set of assists. Those are all made possibility by eight cameras, lidar, six radars, 12 ultrasonic sensors and Global Positioning System. Rimac is only expected to produce 100 of these supercharged cars, estimated to sell for just over a million euros each. The assists work by learning the twists and turns of the track, using Global Positioning System. With an adaptive suspension, Pirelli performance tires and six-piston Brembo calipers in all corners clamping down on carbon ceramic discs, the vehicle is capable of covering two laps of the Nurburgring at full bore with a minimal drop in performance, Rimac says.
International Women's day : Indian Railways deploy all women ticket examiner in Mumbai
In July 2017, Matunga station became the first station in the country to be run by a team of 41 women. Besides, the ticket-checking staff, RPF personnel and electric technician will also be all-women.
- Supreme Court Legalizes Passive Euthanasia with Guidelines
- New theory over ex-spy 'poison attack' in Salisbury
- PUBG has "much work to do" on esports
- Spring Your Clocks Forward this Weekend for Daylight Saving Time
- Northeastern US hit by second major storm in a week
- 'Bachelor' star Arie Luyendyk Jr. says he'll take heat for switching fiancees
- BLS: Employment up 313000; unemployment rate unchanged
- China sets GDP growth target of 6.5 percent for 2018
- Android P feature spotlight: The Pixel Launcher's dock is now shaded
- Rory McIlroy fails to keep pace with Tiger Woods at Valspar Championship