Reacting to the Supreme Court order setting aside the Kerala High Court order and allowing Hadiya to live with her husband, her father Ashokan said he was pained to let his daughter go with a "terrorist".
The matter came to the fore when Jahan challenged the High Court order annulling his marriage with Hadiya and sending her to her parents' custody.
Hadiya had made a personal appearance in the apex court in November a year ago, when she reiterated that she had converted to Islam out of her own choice and she wished to be united with her husband. In a judgment rendered on 25 May past year, a Division Bench of Kerala High Court had called her marriage a "sham", and had annulled it, directi...
The court however said that it would not interfere with NIA probe in the Love Jihad case.
Android P feature spotlight: The Pixel Launcher's dock is now shaded
Devices are now also able to subscribe to different update channels thanks to the new APIs that have been added to UpdateManager. Download the Android P Developer Preview zip file from here - make sure you download the file according to your Pixel variant.
The apex court said, "The government can curb crime but not put restriction on marriage and personal decisions".
Oct 30: SC asks Hadiya's father to produce her on November 27.
March 6 (ANI): Hadiya's father, KM Ashokan on Tuesday filed an affidavit in the Supreme Court in connection with the alleged Kerala love jihad case.
Hadiya had recently filed an affidavit before the top court claiming that she had willingly converted to Islam and wanted to live with Jahan as his wife.
However, Hadiya's father has alleged that his daughter was brainwashed and forcefully converted to Islam.
The case saw a major twist in December 2016 when Hadiya told the Kerala High Court that she had married Shefin Jahan on December 19, 2016. "I want to be with my husband", the 25-year-old woman, wearing a headscarf, shouted to media persons as she was being taken inside the Nedumbassery airport in Kochi amid tight security.
- Iran rebuffs French FM demands to curb missiles on Tehran visit
- DE high school students will stand with Parkland on March 14
- Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 "S Mode"
- Houston Texans deny report that they are avoiding players who protest anthem
- United Nations accuses Syria regime of orchestrating 'apocalypse'
- Google releases March 2018 security patch update for Pixel and Nexus devices
- Star Wars icon Mark Hamill thanks fans for Hollywood star
- Rams RB Todd Gurley is not happy about the Alec Ogletree trade
- US Broadcom Probe Cites Fears China Could Dominate 5G
- France To Make 15 Legal Age Of Consent For Sex