Multiple sources have confirmed that the Los Angeles Rams are sending Alec Ogletree and their 2019 seventh-round pick to the Giants for a 2018 fourth-round pick and a 2018 sixth-round pick. ESPN first reported the deal. He led their defense in tackles during four of his five seasons, only failing to do so in 2015 when he played in just four games due to a broken leg.
Ogletree was drafted as the 30 overall pick of the first round in the 2013 draft.
He had 95 tackles and two sacks last season while moving into coordinator Wade Phillips' 3-4 defensive scheme.
Arsenal's confidence is shattered, admits Laurent Koscielny
But we will fight until the end of the season", he is quoted as saying by The Mirror . Just last week, Mkhitaryan said: "It is a pleasure to work with him.
His departure leaves a significant hole in their linebacker core that should be addressed at some point this offseason through free agency, draft, or trades.
The Rams made the playoffs past year for the first time since 2004, finishing the regular season at 11-5. Ogletree has four years left on his contract with a $10 million cap hit each year in 2018 through 2020 and a $9 million hit in 2021.
The Ogletree trade comes less than a week after the Rams shipped Robert Quinn off to Miami. Los Angeles finished last season fifth-worst in the National Football League at stopping the run, allowing 122.3 yards rushing per game and frequently struggling with stops between the tackles, where Ogletree needed to shine. He was one of the leaders on the defense, and was voted as a captain the past two seasons. Besides dealing away Ogletree and Quinn, they were also involved in a third trade that brought Marcus Peters to Los Angeles.
- France To Make 15 Legal Age Of Consent For Sex
- Broncos reportedly still 'very much in' on Kirk Cousins
- Barca have not won La Liga yet - Valverde
- Matic's late goal hands United comeback win
- Oscars 2018: Gary Oldman named best actor for 'Darkest Hour'
- Nirav Modi: Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day
- DE high school students will stand with Parkland on March 14
- All the details of Meghan Markle's baptism this month
- US Won't 'Allow' Russian Meddling in Midterms
- Complexities of Stormy Daniels' Payout Mean Trump Likely Knew About It