Yes, this is the total number of T20 global (T20I) matches the five Indian bowlers - Jaydev Unadkat, Shardul Thakur, Washington Sundar, Vijay Shankar and Yuzvendra Chahal - had played before Tuesday's opening encounter of the Nidahas Trophy against Sri Lanka.
Sri Lanka lost Kusal Mendis for 11 in the second over of their chase but Perera and Danushka Gunathilaka put the Indian bowlers to the sword during a 58-run second-wicket stand in just 3.3 overs. It took Dhawan's magnificent 90 off 49 balls, studded with six fours and six sixes to help India reach 174/5. Yet in Bangladesh, confidence was writ across his innings, as he manufactured innovative leg-side boundaries, played the ramp shot towards third man with abandon, and swept with striking ferocity.
India will be without numerous key players like Virat Kohli, MS Dhoni, and Hardik Pandya. He then hit the third ball for a four, taking Sri Lanka to victory in style.
Google releases March 2018 security patch update for Pixel and Nexus devices
Google then added users need to have the latest version of the Google Photos app in Android to access Google Lens . Google Lens can now identify buildings/landmarks, company logos, cat/dog breeds, text, paintings, movies, etc.
Playing against Sri Lanka has become a habit for India recently, what with the two neighbours having met quite often over the last one year.
Speaking after the end of the match, Dhawan said, "After the first six overs, Sri Lanka were 75/2 which was 25 runs too many". India, on the other hand, have to come back well now and have only a solitary day to turn things around as they face Bangladesh in their next game on March 8. The hosts had played two full series at home and away against India but faced defeats in both. Dushmantha Chameera (2/33) bowled well for the hosts. Mendis from mid-off runs backwards and takes a superb diving catch. Post his dismissal it was all about Kusal Perera.
The tri-nation T20I Cricket series will go ahead in Sri Lanka as per the schedule despite state of emergency being imposed in the country, BCCI said on Tuesday.
In Virat Kohli's absence, the batton to lead India's charge was given to Rohit Sharma, Shikhar Dhawan was named his deputy for the tour. The kind of start they got was unbelievable.
- Broncos reportedly still 'very much in' on Kirk Cousins
- Oscars 2018: Ex-Hollyoaks star uses sign language in acceptance speech
- Houston Texans deny report that they are avoiding players who protest anthem
- Microsoft Confirms Windows 10 "S Mode"
- DACA deportation deadline arrives, but with an easing sense of urgency
- Matic's late goal hands United comeback win
- Arsenal's confidence is shattered, admits Laurent Koscielny
- English-born Scott McTominay has chose to play global football for Scotland
- DE high school students will stand with Parkland on March 14
- US Won't 'Allow' Russian Meddling in Midterms