Mourinho said after the game that his half-time team talk, with United 1-0 down, had been too colourful to repeat in his postmatch interviews.
Both the sides were tied at 2-2 till the 90 minutes of the game and it was in the injury time that midfielder Nemanja Matic unleashed a thunderous strike from quite a distance which went past a hapless Wayne Hennessey, handing an unlikely 3-2 victory to Manchester United.
That set the stage for Serbia midfielder Matic to score for the first time since his move from Chelsea past year with a blistering blast from the edge of the area in stoppage-time.
Crystal Palace manager Roy Hodgson says it's tough for his players to take nothing from the defeat.
"Fantastic match for the people in front of the screen and at the stadium, hard match for me because my team made so many mistakes".
"If you look at Leicester away when we concede in the last second and we lost to Huddersfield away and in these type of games if we manage to win we can compete for the title of course". Their second goal made things much more hard for us, but Chris Smalling's goal was very important.
"That disgraceful, childish second goal changed everything".
Oscars 2018: Gary Oldman named best actor for 'Darkest Hour'
Best Original Music Score and Production Design weren't the last trophies which " The Shape of Water " collected that night. The other Best Actor nominees included Timothee Chalamet , Daniel Day-Lewis, Daniel Kaluuya , and Denzel Washington .
Smalling had already gone close when, in the 55th minute, he gave them the lift they needed with United's first goal.
But the comeback was completed with a sumptuous volley from Nemanja Matic in the 91st minute as he won three points for his side with his first goal for the Red Devils. "Maybe they like me here, because I always praise the atmosphere at Selhurst Park".
During Jesus's two-month layoff, Aguero doubled his tally for the season to move onto 30 goals and re-establish himself as City's number one striker.
"That gave us that edge where we thought we could go after them".
"This season against Benfica, it was half a goal for him and half a goal for the Benfica goalkeeper [Mile Svilar]".
The victory saw United strengthen their hold on a place in the top four, returning to second in the table and opening up a nine-point gap on fifth-placed Chelsea.
Matic is likely to be a key player for the Reds in a crucial run of three successive home games in three different competitions, starting with the visit of rivals Liverpool to Old Trafford on Saturday.
- Turkey, Free Syrian Army clear town center in NW Syria
- Toronto Police seek public's help in identifying alleged victim of Bruce McArthur
- Nirav Modi: Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day
- Broncos reportedly still 'very much in' on Kirk Cousins
- British athletics great Roger Bannister dies aged 88
- English-born Scott McTominay has chose to play global football for Scotland
- Former Drug Executive Martin Shkreli Ordered to Surrender $7.36 Million
- Samsung Galaxy S9+ Dual Aperture Camera Dominantes In DxOMark Benchmark
- Theresa May rules out City firms 'passporting' after Brexit
- Prayers for victim and alleged shooter day after CMU shooting