The team could make waves during free agency, if there's any merit to a perception that's making the rounds in the agents community.
Two NFL agents told the Houston Chronicle recently that the "word is" that the Texans are not interested in players who participated in pregame kneeling in protest of police brutality. In a discussion about players who were protesting during the national anthem, McNair said "we can't have the inmates running the prison", according to the network.
Ultimately, the Texans may have to pay more than other teams to get free agents to choose to join the team.
However, he backtracked on Tuesday and insisted that his comments had been "misconstrued" but conceded that he believes kneeling is an ineffective form of protest.
Iran not to negotiate missile program unless US, Europe destroy nukes
Le Drian should avoid adopting any negative position against Iran if Paris seeks to bolster relations with Tehran , said Velayati.
There is no official directive in the organization, but it is understood that the team isn't going to pursue anyone who participated in the protests, the paper reported.
Additional caller commentary on the NFL and protests during the national anthem. Longtime former Texans left tackle Duane Brown, who raised his fist during the anthem in September 2016 and who was traded to the Seahawks shortly after the game at Seattle, noted that McNair addressed the team in 2008 and expressed his unhappiness at the electoral victory of Barack Obama.
President Trump thrust the issue of protesting players into the national headlines previous year, urging a national boycott of the "disgraceful" league until NFL officials and owners cracked down on athletes who disrespect the flag.
Trump triggered an outcry after sharply criticizing players who kneel during "The Star-Spangled Banner" to draw attention to social issues.
- Complexities of Stormy Daniels' Payout Mean Trump Likely Knew About It
- Porsche Mission E Cross Turismo revealed
- British athletics great Roger Bannister dies aged 88
- All the details of Meghan Markle's baptism this month
- Former Drug Executive Martin Shkreli Ordered to Surrender $7.36 Million
- Barca have not won La Liga yet - Valverde
- Turkey, Free Syrian Army clear town center in NW Syria
- France To Make 15 Legal Age Of Consent For Sex
- Nirav Modi: Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day
- DACA deportation deadline arrives, but with an easing sense of urgency