Stating that this amounted to "indiscipline", Mr Kurien asked Leader of the Opposition Ghulam Nabi Azad whether the Opposition will allow a discussion, to which the Congress leader said that if other parties are ready, they have no objection.
Since the Congress and the Left are the most vocal parties against the government, the Opposition attack on the BJP could become subdued after the election debacle. Amid the din, Kurien adjourned the House for the day. Meanwhile, the business advisory committee has allocated four hours each to discuss budgetary proposals of farmers and agriculture, roads and highways, youth affairs and sports and social justice.
With folded hands, Modi greeted the members as well as those in the Opposition benches.As the BJP and its allies captured power in the three North Eastern states, numerous saffron party MPs were seen wearing Assamese "gamosa".Obituary references were made for four former members - Rudolph Rodrigues, Kamla Prasad Singh, Khagen Das and Kumari Farida Topno. The businessman, however, fled India just few days before the PNB scam came to light.
The government and the Opposition are likely to lock horns on a host of issues including the on-going investigation into a Rs 11,000 crore bank fraud case.
The Opposition has planned to raise the issue in both Houses of Parliament and corner the government over what is being seen as the first major scandal under Narendra Modi's watch.
How Davide Astori Fiorentina captain died
Astori made his Italy debut in 2011 and played at the 2013 Confederations Cup in Brazil where he scored against Uruguay. It's very hard in this moment to speak about this tragedy. "He was a great player, especially a fantastic guy".
Before the beginning of the proceedings of the House, BJP members were seen clapping when Prime Minister Narendra Modi walked into the House.
The K Chandrasekhar Rao-led Telangana Rashtra Samithi (TRS) party members demanded an increase in the reservation quota in Telangana. TDP members raised the issue of special status for Andhra Pradesh. The government and the Congress are also likely to cross swords over the arrest of Union Finance Minister P Chidambaram's son Karti by the CBI in the INX Media alleged bribery case. YSR Congress Party MPs also protested in the national capital demanding "Special Category Status" to Andhra Pradesh.
"The banking sector is in a deep crisis and its credibility is under stake", he said.
The House was soon adjourned for the day.
- Football rules body IFAB approve use of VAR at World Cup
- Miserable Arsenal lose again as Brighton claim vital win
- Complexities of Stormy Daniels' Payout Mean Trump Likely Knew About It
- Toronto Police seek public's help in identifying alleged victim of Bruce McArthur
- Commission Urges EU States To Toughen Approach To Terrorists, Illegal Online Content
- Teacher arrested after firing a gun in a US high school
- Shubhankar Sharma leads in Mexico as Paul Dunne struggles
- English-born Scott McTominay has chose to play global football for Scotland
- Oscars 2018: Gary Oldman named best actor for 'Darkest Hour'
- Leicester City's Shinji Okazaki could return to squad for clash against Bournemouth