Pharmacy bro Martin Shkreli must forfeit almost $7.4 million in assets as he prepares for sentencing on securities fraud and conspiracy convictions, a federal judge ruled Monday.
Judge Kiyo Matsumoto ruled that in order for Shkreli - whose lawyer said he was completely cash-broke previous year - to reach the award amount he must forfeit the interest in a series of so-called "substitute" assets.
A lawyer for Shkreli could not immediately be reached for comment on the judge's order.
Aldon smith involved in domestic violence incident, fled scene before police arrived
He was later signed by Oakland - and is now still under contract with Raiders organization - but hasn't played since 2015. It goes without saying, the most important outcome is that all parties involved can get help and safety during this time.
Shkreli is now in jail awaiting sentencing on March 9. He also would be forced to forfeit other valuables including a Picasso painting and another unreleased recording that he claims he owns, "Tha Carter V" by Lil Wayne.
The assets include $5 million in cash in an E-Trade brokerage account used as security for Shkreli's bail and Shrkeli's shares and interest in Vyera Pharmaceuticals, formerly known as Turing Pharmaceuticals. They said he spent investor funds on personal expenses "to maintain the image of a successful hedge fund manager".
Matsumoto has already ruled that when Shkreli is sentenced, he will be held responsible for $10.4 million in losses, including all of the money his investors entrusted to his hedge funds.
The 34-year-old Shkreli was known as "Pharma Bro" on social media.
- Google's Slack Competitor Hangouts Chat Launches For Businesses Using G Suite
- Toronto Police seek public's help in identifying alleged victim of Bruce McArthur
- White House preparing for exit of national security advisor HR McMaster
- Putin Says Would Reverse Collapse Of Soviet Union If He Could
- Oscars 2018: Gary Oldman named best actor for 'Darkest Hour'
- Broncos reportedly still 'very much in' on Kirk Cousins
- Barca have not won La Liga yet - Valverde
- Shubhankar Sharma leads in Mexico as Paul Dunne struggles
- DACA deportation deadline arrives, but with an easing sense of urgency
- Nirav Modi: Rajya Sabha adjourned for the day