Speaking to Iran's state-run IRNA news agency, the official claimed that the US' criticism of Tehran's program was driven by its own failures in the region.
With Trump warning of a last chance for "the worst deal ever negotiated", Britain, France and Germany have been working with US officials to draw up a strategy to improve the Iran nuclear deal in return for Trump keeping the pact alive by renewing USA sanctions relief on May 12.
In his trip to the Islamic Republic, Le Drian plans to attend meetings with a number of senior Iranian officials, including Foreign Minister Mohammad Javad Zarif, according to the spokesman.
Iran says its missile program is defensive, and that it is not related to Tehran's 2015 nuclear deal with world powers which led to the lifting of sanctions against the country.
Le Drian should avoid adopting any negative position against Iran if Paris seeks to bolster relations with Tehran, said Velayati.
Central Virginia bracing for high winds
The monster storm off the coast of the northeastern United States continues to cause strong wind gusts across the Commonwealth. It will be another chilly night with clear skies and temperatures falling into the low 30s by morning.
Trump has repeatedly described the JCPOA, which was negotiated under his predecessor Barack Obama, as "the worst and most one-sided transaction Washington has ever entered into", a characterization he often used during his presidential campaign, and threatened to tear it up.
The European powers, who meet American officials in Berlin on March 15, have stressed to the United States that while they will work on an Iran strategy, including tackling its ballistic missile programme, in return Trump must not kill the accord.
"The precondition for talks on Iran's missiles program is the dismantle of the United States and Europe's nuclear weapons and long-range missiles", Jazayeri stressed.
The French minister added that he would also raise the issue of Iran's ballistic missile program as well as what he called Iran's "destabilizing military influence in the Middle East" during his meetings in Tehran.
- Google's Slack Competitor Hangouts Chat Launches For Businesses Using G Suite
- Teacher arrested after firing a gun in a US high school
- Prayers for victim and alleged shooter day after CMU shooting
- President Buhari condemns 'despicable' attack on humanitarian aid workers
- Kim Kardashian shares the first photo of baby Chicago
- Saudi Crown Prince Mohammed, Sisi hold talks in Egypt
- Football rules body IFAB approve use of VAR at World Cup
- Ronda Rousey Angle Teased For Monday's WWE Raw
- Putin Says Would Reverse Collapse Of Soviet Union If He Could
- Leicester City's Shinji Okazaki could return to squad for clash against Bournemouth