The duo famously screwed up last year's Best Picture presentation as Faye said the award goes to La La Land when the correct victor was Moonlight.
The happy drama will finally close the circle of last year's still-unbelievable Oscar disaster in which Beatty received the wrong envelope to present the final best picture award with Dunaway.
At last year's ceremony, Beatty stood alongside Dunaway as he opened the envelope, but appeared to look instantly confused.
But no one corrected the mistake right away, and the crew from "La La Land" came on stage to accept the award.
Beatty was given the best actress card to read.
Film academy president Cheryl Boone Isaacs sent an email to academy members Wednesday detailing the new protocols for announcing Oscar winners developed after the best-picture flub at last month's Academy Awards.
Schools across West Virginia closed for sixth day
Without an agreement, all West Virginia public schools remained closed Thursday as the strike over pay and benefits continued. West Virginia Superintendent of Schools Steven Paine confirmed schools will be back in session Thursday.
"I had no idea that one shot of a card that says "Moonlight" will probably define my career for the rest of my life", Weiss told Business Insider over the phone.
TMZ who first reported the news said the pair went through their lines twice and that Dunaway will start of saying, "Presenting is better the second time around".
Do you think they should return to the stage to have another go following the error?"Denzel Washington actually gave me a signal to let the guys from Moonlight speak, which made sense". As the person on the production team responsible for booking and taking care of the show's presenters, she felt very bad for Faye Dunaway and Warren Beatty, who had been handed the wrong envelope by a PricewaterhouseCooper accountant.
'I couldn't figure out what was supposedly wrong, Paine said.
In a move that makes it entirely obvious that Beatty and Dunaway shouldn't be blamed for the mix-up, the Academy invited them back once more to present the top honor at Sunday night's show.
- Duluth Welcomes Home US Men's Curling Gold Medalists
- Alexa Outage Brings Super Bowl Commercial to Life, Nearly
- Bearish Case for Oil Prices Gets Stronger, Supply Surges
- India, Vietnam sign pacts on atomic energy, trade, agriculture
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ price in India; how to pre-book
- Liverpool can finish second in the English Premier League - Sadio Mane
- State approves Javelin missile sale to Ukraine
- Xi Jinping - Today's chairman, tomorrow's dictator?
- Russell Wilson strikes out in New York Yankees spring training debut
- President Buhari condemns 'despicable' attack on humanitarian aid workers