Lidl also announced that this morning all stores in Leinster, Munster and Galway will operate under restricted trading hours from 10am to 6pm today, Saturday March 3.
It is understood Gardai have since arrested three men in connection with the incident and they are now being detained at nearby Garda station.
The incident happened on Fortunestown Way amid a chaotic night in the Tallaght area. "A number of arrests have been made", a spokesman said.
Lidl Ireland has said that none of its staff were injured in an incident at its store on Fortunestown Lane, Dublin, Ireland, which saw criminals hijack a JCB excavator and proceed to tear the roof off the store.
"Given that the incident is now the subject of a criminal investigation we are not in a position to comment further at this time", the company said.
He described the incident as "a very cynical move by the gang".
Schools across West Virginia closed for sixth day
Without an agreement, all West Virginia public schools remained closed Thursday as the strike over pay and benefits continued. West Virginia Superintendent of Schools Steven Paine confirmed schools will be back in session Thursday.
"I am particularly mindful that these actions have taken place in the midst of a code red weather warning when our emergency services are at full stretch", he added.
Looters first broke into the Lidl, in search of drink.
The Irish police Gardai were backed up by 4×4 Defense Forces, who promptly rushed to assist, but got stuck in heavy snow dumped by Storm Emma across Ireland, which has now put the country on a flood alert after a little thaw started to set in.
"The community is absolutely fuming", Cllr King told The Irish Times, "There had been a great banter around here with the snow, and then this tiny minority bring the entire community down".
The group allegedly used angle-grinders to cut through shutters before stealing alcohol and a safe during the raid in Tallaght, Dublin on Friday night. Tallaght has a population of 100,000 people.
"The mindless destruction of the shop is an absolute disgrace".
- Companies take gun control into their own hands
- Tiger Woods to play PGA Tour events as part of Masters preparations
- Seattle Seahawks Actively Trying To Trade Michael Bennett
- Ronda Rousey Angle Teased For Monday's WWE Raw
- BlackBerry Ghost With Bezel-Less Display to Launch in India Soon
- Football rules body IFAB approve use of VAR at World Cup
- Alexa Outage Brings Super Bowl Commercial to Life, Nearly
- Does WWE have a Brock Lesnar problem ahead of WrestleMania 34?
- It's not "impossible" for Real Madrid to win La Liga - Zinedine Zidane
- Leicester City's Shinji Okazaki could return to squad for clash against Bournemouth