After losing her voice in the name of publicity for a much-talked about Super Bowl ad, the electronic personal assistant, Amazon's Alexa, has gone quiet today with widespread reports of malfunctions. It aims to make Alexa a context-savvy language translator and the report claims that the Alexa group at the company is "seriously exploring" ways to make Alexa more useful across different languages and cultures.
"For instance, if a person from the USA, who only speaks English, attends a wedding in Tokyo and doesn't speak Japanese, Alexa would be able to help that person hold a conversation in Japanese". Alexa will also be mindful of the Japanese culture, which is more formal and conservative than American culture.
Amazon's Alexa AI assistant is down for countless users this morning.
Unai Emery: Neymar could still face Real, no operation planned
PSG face the biggest game of their season when they welcome Cristiano Ronaldo and Co to the Parc des Princes next week. The injury comes with less than four months until Brazil opens its World Cup campaign against Switzerland on June 17.
Alexa is already capable of translating short terms and phrases from Spanish, German, Italian, French, and English into native languages. In some cases, those connected devices may not work at all, if Alexa is having trouble connecting to the internet.
In response, Nest will no longer sell any of its products on Amazon after existing inventory runs out. All good stuff, though one potentially game-changing skill that is coming to Alexa is real-time language translation.
Sources "familiar with the matter" told Yahoo that Amazon has a grand vision of a "Star Trek-like" capability where Alexa can simply respond to virtually any voice command including real-time translation.
- Duluth Welcomes Home US Men's Curling Gold Medalists
- Liverpool can finish second in the English Premier League - Sadio Mane
- Bearish Case for Oil Prices Gets Stronger, Supply Surges
- Does WWE have a Brock Lesnar problem ahead of WrestleMania 34?
- Kurdish leader arrested at the behest of Turkey
- Turkey seeks extradition of Syrian Kurdish leader from Prague
- BlackBerry Ghost With Bezel-Less Display to Launch in India Soon
- Stephen Jackson: Zaza Pachulia Plays Dirty to Compensate for Lack of Talent
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ price in India; how to pre-book
- N elects Nawaz as 'Quaid for life', Shahbaz as interim president