Heathrow Airport, Gatwick Airport, Stansted Airport and Luton Airport remain open with a number of flight cancellations.
While wintry weather conditions across Europe may result in minor delays and some airlines consolidating flights, significant disruption at Heathrow is not now expected today. As a result, it has introduced more flexible rebooking options for customers on shot-haul flights to or from London Heathrow and London Gatwick airports.
Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann have cancelled all services today due to the adverse weather.
He said staff had worked all day yesterday and from 4am this morning to clear the snow so that the airport could open.
"We apologise for the inconvenience caused however this decision has been made in the interest of the safety of customers and our employees".
Passengers have been reminded that those passengers that have had flights cancelled or heavily delayed are not entitled to cash compensation from their airline, but says that the airline has a duty to provide accommodation and food to travellers.
Japan: police finds missing woman's detached head
Yevgeniy Vasilievich Bayraktar, 26, was arrested Thursday on suspicion of abducting the 27-year-old woman. He is believed to have stayed in a number of condos rented to tourists since arriving in Japan.
Anybody travelling by air today is advised to check with their airline before making their way to the airport.
"There are amber and yellow weather warnings for snow and ice across Britain this week".
A red weather warning issued for Wales and the southwest of England led to Flybe cancelling its flights from Exeter and Cardiff while easyJet axed its ervices from Bristol.
Disruption is continuing though, with around 32 cancelled departures so far.
Hundreds of drivers were trapped on the M80 overnight, with the weather bringing up to a foot of snow to roads in Scotland and the north of England.
Further snow is forecast during the day which will make travel conditions to and from the airport extremely challenging.
The Met Office was urging residents to "take action now to keep yourself and others safe", and advising those covered by the red alert to avoid travel.
- Samsung Galaxy S9, Galaxy S9+ price in India; how to pre-book
- Asus Zenfone 5, lite and 5z announced at #MWC18
- Myanmar burying the evidence
- ZTE is releasing a dual-screen smartphone
- Jerusalem's Church of the Holy Sepulchre Closed Amid Dispute With Israelis
- Everyone Is Talking About What Ronaldo Did With Benzema
- Duluth Welcomes Home US Men's Curling Gold Medalists
- 'Russia still not compliant on anti-doping'
- Shuswap winery toasts Alberta's decision to lift BC wine ban
- Mirai Nagasu: Olympic free skate was 'DWTS' audition; showers too cold