Heathrow Airport, Gatwick Airport, Stansted Airport and Luton Airport remain open with a number of flight cancellations.
While wintry weather conditions across Europe may result in minor delays and some airlines consolidating flights, significant disruption at Heathrow is not now expected today. As a result, it has introduced more flexible rebooking options for customers on shot-haul flights to or from London Heathrow and London Gatwick airports.
Dublin Bus and Bus Eireann have cancelled all services today due to the adverse weather.
He said staff had worked all day yesterday and from 4am this morning to clear the snow so that the airport could open.
"We apologise for the inconvenience caused however this decision has been made in the interest of the safety of customers and our employees".
Passengers have been reminded that those passengers that have had flights cancelled or heavily delayed are not entitled to cash compensation from their airline, but says that the airline has a duty to provide accommodation and food to travellers.
Nirav Modi's US firm whets buyer interest amid probe
The Enforcement Directorate attached 41 properties worth Rs 1,200 crore of Nirav's uncle Mehul Choksi of the Gitanjali Group. On being asked by the CBI to join its investigation into the alleged fraud , Modi refused, saying he has " business abroad".
Anybody travelling by air today is advised to check with their airline before making their way to the airport.
"There are amber and yellow weather warnings for snow and ice across Britain this week".
A red weather warning issued for Wales and the southwest of England led to Flybe cancelling its flights from Exeter and Cardiff while easyJet axed its ervices from Bristol.
Disruption is continuing though, with around 32 cancelled departures so far.
Hundreds of drivers were trapped on the M80 overnight, with the weather bringing up to a foot of snow to roads in Scotland and the north of England.
Further snow is forecast during the day which will make travel conditions to and from the airport extremely challenging.
The Met Office was urging residents to "take action now to keep yourself and others safe", and advising those covered by the red alert to avoid travel.
- Turkey seeks extradition of Syrian Kurdish leader from Prague
- Asus Zenfone 5, lite and 5z announced at #MWC18
- Why Mayawati Doesn't Want To Go To Rajya Sabha? Tejashwi Yadav Answers
- Xi Jinping - Today's chairman, tomorrow's dictator?
- Apple to reveal three iPhones, including largest ever, in September
- ZTE is releasing a dual-screen smartphone
- Lionel Messi Makes Two Records His on Historic Night for Barcelona
- Stocks Rating Report: The Coca-Cola Company (KO), Oracle Corporation (ORCL)
- Stephen Jackson: Zaza Pachulia Plays Dirty to Compensate for Lack of Talent
- 19-year-old boy martyred in unprovoked Indian firing along LoC