Neymar, 26, was playing for the French side against Ligue 1 rivals Marseille when he fell to the floor after chasing Bouna Sarr, buckling under a twisted ankle resulting in the star being stretchered off the pitch.
Brazilian outlet Globo Esporte reported that Neymar would undergo surgery and need three months to recover, meaning he would return to first-team action in May, only one month before the World Cup begins.
"We'll see the passing of the next few days to make a decision".
The Frenchman, quoted by L'Equipe, said: "I don't like it when a player hurts himself, I am not happy about the injury to Neymar".
The injury comes with less than four months until Brazil opens its World Cup campaign against Switzerland on June 17.
Rosenstein alerted White House two weeks ago on Kushner clearance issues
Trump then outlined why Kushner was integral to his grand plan to make peace between Israel and the Palestinians. The White House maintains that Kushner's work will be unaffected by the change, but won't explain why.
PSG is 14 points clear of second-place AS Monaco atop the Ligue 1 standings and could have its fifth title in six years wrapped up well before Neymar's potential return.
Although, the Real Madrid boss expressed a desire, before news broke on the nature of Neymar's injury, for Neymar to play.
"Neymar is the first to want to play every match, he's very focussed on Real. If I had to say today (whether or not he will face Real) I would rather say yes", said the Spaniard.
The former Barcelona man was in hospital until the early hours and, though scans were more positive than had been hoped, they revealed Neymar is set for a stint on the sidelines, according to Sky Sports. "Things like this are not decided just like that [snaps fingers]".
PSG face the biggest game of their season when they welcome Cristiano Ronaldo and Co to the Parc des Princes next week. But we must still be patient to know a little more'. "We have to remain calm at this moment".
- Arjun Kapoor And Parineeti Chopra Begin Shooting For Namastey England
- Five reasons why Liverpool will humble West Ham
- TAPI to cater Pakistan's growing energy needs: PM
- Why Mayawati Doesn't Want To Go To Rajya Sabha? Tejashwi Yadav Answers
- Woman held after vehicle strikes gates of The White House
- N elects Nawaz as 'Quaid for life', Shahbaz as interim president
- 7.5 magnitude quake strikes Papua New Guinea - USGS
- McMaster's White House Exit May Be Near
- Warren Buffett says Republican tax cut 'delivered' $29bn to his company
- Mirai Nagasu: Olympic free skate was 'DWTS' audition; showers too cold