Czech authorities arrested Muslim in Prague on Saturday.
The UK-based Syrian Observatory for Human Rights confirmed that Turkish troops now hold a continuous strip of land on the edge of Afrin, opening a corridor that links territory in Aleppo province under the control of the Free Syrian Army, backed by Turkey, with the rebel stronghold of Idlib province.
Turkey has submitted documents to the Czech authorities formally requesting the extradition of the former leader of a Syrian Kurdish party, Deputy Prime Minister Bekir Bozdag said Monday.
However Czech foreign minister Martin Stropnicky denied there was any link between the arrest of Muslim and the jailing in Turkey of two Czech nationals on charges of fighting for the YPG in Syria. New "red notices" were issued on February 13, with officials offering just over $1 million for his return.
The air and ground offensive is created to drive back the Kurdish YPG, which Ankara sees as inextricably linked to the Kurdish PKK, which it views as a terrorist group.
Stocks Rating Report: The Coca-Cola Company (KO), Oracle Corporation (ORCL)
In related news, insider Robert Edward Long sold 15,000 shares of the company's stock in a transaction on Thursday, January 25th. Marathon Capital Management owns 71,900 shares or 1.11% of their USA portfolio. 40,226 were reported by Green Square Cap Ltd.
Muslim was detained in Prague on February 24 on a warrant from Ankara.
Nine people were detained in connection with the attack, which caused damage to the tax office but no casualties.
Muslum was expected to appear before a court in Prague on Monday, which would decide if he will remain in detention; however, his court hearing was postponed. PYD said Muslim was a key figure in the search for a political solution in Syria and appealed for his release, describing his arrest as "immoral".
Tensions between Turkey and Kurdish groups have escalated sharply in recent weeks, following Ankara's launch of a military offensive last month in Syria's Afrin region against the Kurdish YPG, an armed associate of the PYD, which it has considered a border threat.
- Five reasons why Liverpool will humble West Ham
- Champions League: Bayern Munich coach Heynckes hails poacher Muller's goal scoring ability
- Suspected militants attack Hurriyat leaders residence,cop injured
- Why Mayawati Doesn't Want To Go To Rajya Sabha? Tejashwi Yadav Answers
- Everyone Is Talking About What Ronaldo Did With Benzema
- Lionel Messi Makes Two Records His on Historic Night for Barcelona
- TAPI to cater Pakistan's growing energy needs: PM
- McMaster's White House Exit May Be Near
- Australian Deputy Prime Minister Joyce's Resignation Prompts Twitter Uproar
- Shuswap winery toasts Alberta's decision to lift BC wine ban